Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > hunting gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default hunting gear

what gear do you need to go small game hunting

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #2

Liked 665 Times on 456 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Depends on the game! If I'm hunting near where you are a good pair of Brush pants, mine are snake proof. A good pair of high boots that breath. For both birds and rabbits these are a neccesity. A fanny pack to carry ammo, glow sticks, a mini mag light, some cans of juice, 1st aid kit, calls, sun screen, extra ammo, and trail mix. If you are planning on walking a long distance, one of the best things to do is wrap a piece of cardboard in tin foil, step on it with your boot and leave it on your dashboard when you go out. It makes finding you in case of emergency easier. I also carry a 9 shot .22lr revolver. Did I mention I hate snakes!

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 PM   #3

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

as little as possible .22 rifle or 12 gauge shotgun, a belt pouch that holds ammo, flash light, tools (for the weapon) matches, a E blanket, I have my knife on my belt, my water is in a insulated bladder bag (also insulated to make less noise). As for cloths depends on game 90% of the time I wear Camo jeans (real tree pattern) camo shirt, boonie hat, and shoes either Hermans Survivors or some hiking boots. I have a messenger bag I use for the bodies,

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 09-11-2011, 03:41 AM   #4

Liked 1057 Times on 728 Posts
Likes Given: 1071

My 410, my Red Heads, & my Dog.

When all else fails.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #5

In my state (Pennsylvania) 250 sq inches of orange is required on the head, back, and chest. So my gear, ammo, hunting license is all carried in a hunting coat. This plus my shotgun and a good pair of brush pants is all I take.
Since our small game seasons run from late October to February, I chose a hunting coat with an insulated vest that zips in and out.