Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > hunt in africa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2012, 02:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default hunt in africa

I am thinking of go to africa with friend who is a guide there. What should I take my 7mm mag or go head and buy my 338 and take it. Will be hunting plain game nothing to big. I think I will be hunting 7 animals for 14 days.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Can I come?

Wait, was this thing on?

Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #3

For plains game in Africa, you could use either a 7mm or .338 magnum. Your PH will probably recommend premium bullets in heavier weights. 160 gr in the 7mm or 250 gr in the .338. The African PH's I talked to all highly recommend the Swift A-frame bullet. Some like the Nosler Partition, but some have told me Noslers expand a bit too fast for their liking.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:41 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My friend I am going with to africa is a ph and he said my 7mm mag would by ok just use a 170 gr or higher. Want a 338 to so I might get it to. He is trying talk me into just bow hunting.