Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > How is your 2009 hunting season turning out?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ive been out once, I guess Im not supposed to hunt this year. its rained practically everyday im off work during hunting season.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 PM   #12

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I got two this year, a 6 point and a doe and got them both with one of each of my NM M1A's. I plan to hunt a good bit next year with one of my Garands.

The rain and cold wind ran me off the camp last week so it appears my hunting this year is over. All it does is rain and blow here now in middle Georgia.

Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #13

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Been out a few times. Not that much into it. I seen 7 one day spooked one coming into my spot then seen 2 out of range, then one came out 60 yards in front of me offered me a perfect broad side shot and i effing miss the thing. Seen a few more and my buddy took one small button buck that day and we left.

I have been out once after that and seen nothing not even a bird that day. I need to get off my duff and make it down to the farm and see if I can't score a nice big buck.

Old 12-15-2009, 12:33 AM   #14

Liked 125 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I was out my 2nd day of whitetail season,and a huge doe came across the river right at me,about 30 yards out.I pulled out my .444 and took a shot,down she goes like she was hit by a bus.I went down to her and she was still alive,but stopped breathing seconds later.Come to find out I made a terrible shot,inbetween the vitals and stomach.I guess the gun did the job I couldn't do with my marksmanship.I know what gun i'm using next year,the same one!

Old 12-20-2009, 03:03 PM   #15

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I shot 1 big doe first day of PA rifle. I hunted the whole first week and the last saturday. Saw a few bucks and alot of smaller does, but nothing worth shooting.
Flintlock comes in the day after christmas, last call if you will.
Its becoming my favorite season, just hope the snow sticks around & it doesn't rain all season like it did the last couple years.
Rain and Flint dont mix---Gate

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-25-2009, 01:15 AM   #16

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

I have four does so far this season. None of them big enough to brag about. Got one during muzzleloader season, then three with .30-06. Going to concentrate on trying to get a buck or two the remaining five weeks of the season.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #17

Default Kansas

Well, we all decided at camp to blow off PA buck season to head for some very large Kansas whitetail. Friends at church are blowing off PA to head to Ohio and another camp to Iowa.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

today was last day of deer season for me. nothing at all this year.

"There's not too many things, a man can't fix, with a couple hundred rounds, and his 30-06."

Old 01-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #19
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1115 Times on 643 Posts
Likes Given: 523

I finally got to go hunting yesterday but all the nice bucks are nocturnal right now. I sat out in the freezing rain/snow in the blind for several hours but only saw birds eating at the feeders.
Nothing was moving around in the AM today and when I went back out around 4PM a spike was about 120yrds away just watching me.I sat down my gear slowly and tried to get a shot with my Winchester 94 44 Mag,but as soon as I raised it to take aim he took off for the woods.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.