Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Hogs in Michigan??? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/hogs-michigan-55453/)

tankmechanic 01-14-2012 01:56 AM

Hogs in Michigan???

Does anyone have Feral hogs they need to get rid of in Michigan? Let me know I need to fill the freezer.

cottontop 01-14-2012 02:13 PM

I lived in Michigan for many years and I never heard of wild hogs being there. But their area is expanding and I can see them eventually taking a foothold even in Michigan. They are everywhere here in central Florida.
cottontop

bobalo59 01-14-2012 04:08 PM

I have heard that they have been seen, but to date thats like bigfoot being seen if you know what I mean. But, if I do I'll let you know, we'll go and fill both our freezers and have a great pig roast. I'm already getting the smoker ready.

orangello 01-14-2012 04:38 PM

I would bet you could find some farmers in Mississippi who would let you do some camping/hog eradication. That might make a fun little vacation if you do it before hot weather gets here, maybe March.

Paperpuncher 01-14-2012 05:43 PM

Their in Michigan and expanding rapidly. There's some guy near Big Rapids north of Grand Rapids, and he's been trapping them and getting quite a few.

ninjatoth 01-14-2012 09:11 PM

Yes,they are everywhere but like previously stated they are like bigfoot.I do know that there are alot of sightings and quite a few kills reported into the dnr,and I know for a FACT that in 2010 a hunter just 5 miles north of me harvested a 300lb hog during deer season,it was all over the papers here in Midland county.

Paperpuncher 01-14-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatoth
Yes,they are everywhere but like previously stated they are like bigfoot.I do know that there are alot of sightings and quite a few kills reported into the dnr,and I know for a FACT that in 2010 a hunter just 5 miles north of me harvested a 300lb hog during deer season,it was all over the papers here in Midland county.

I heard there's a pack around Midland and around Arenac county.

tankmechanic 01-14-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobalo59
I have heard that they have been seen, but to date thats like bigfoot being seen if you know what I mean. But, if I do I'll let you know, we'll go and fill both our freezers and have a great pig roast. I'm already getting the smoker ready.

I will do the same. I looked at the DNR site and they are in MI. I will keep you in mind if theres going to be a hunt.

ninjatoth 01-14-2012 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paperpuncher (Post 677122)
I heard there's a pack around Midland and around Arenac county.

I have heard that too yet I've never seen one and I have spent alot of time in the woods the last 2 years.

Josh1158 01-18-2012 06:09 AM

My girlfriend works in manchester and seen a dead one by the road and I've heard that theres some in hillsdale. Im totally with ya on the pig roast though. I'm trying to locate some state land I can hunt for them but I haven't had luck yet. I've also wondered if you can use a center fire rifle or if we're stuck with our shotguns. I'm gona call the dnr when I get around to it the number i have is 1800 292-7800. If your feeling froggy give em a call