Hog Hunting in NC

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hog Hunting in NC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Hog Hunting in NC

I am new to the Winston-Salem area, and have been at military school for the past 3 months in ROTC. I wanna get back into hunting, and as of this season, there is no bag limit, open season, and no more wearing orange! I won't even need a privilege license.

I took my hunter safety in CT, but now live in NC, will this be a problem getting the basic license?

Where in NC are there feral hogs? I've never hunted them before, so if you all have any tips they would be much appreciated. I am planning on using a .223, but also have a 7.62x54R, and a .50 muzzleloader too.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #2

If you have to ask those questions, going after hog might be very dangerous for you. Those are one of the meanest critters around and they can be considerably larger, faster, and stronger than you. You might want to do it with someone experienced first.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:39 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Thanks for the tip, I'll see if I can find someone who knows what they are doing

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.