Hog

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Hog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Hog

I am looking to go down south to say Carolina's or Georgia to hunt hog I am looking for a guide ? I don't want a super expensive one looking to hint on a budget I would love to get one with my 6 in ruler gp100 but could tote the browning 12bps turkey or Remington 870 with scope how about a 50 cal muzzle loader anyway I am mostly looking for a guide on a budget thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #2

Liked 243 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 22

You may just have to scout for internet hunts and see what you can find. Your gp-100 will work fine but the shot gun would offer longer range. IF you have a slug barrel or atleast a rifled chock to use try remington buck hammers. I used a 357 for 20 years but used 180gr hardcast loads. Federal was the brand i used. They will brake down shoulders and a head shot works evet time. Just don't shot for the chest with HC. Other companies now have 180gr sp that should work well.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #3

Ok what're can I get the 180g hard cast bullet to reload with how's your recipient