Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Help - Public Land Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 26 Posts

I didn't read all the responses so; I may be redundant here but, this is what I would do:

1- I would pull down as much of the flagging as I could manage.
2 - I would find another place to hunt. The presence of all that flagging says that the place is too popular and you'll be tripping over people throughout the season. That's as close to a guarantee of low-to-no success possibilities as I can imagine. The place may look good now but, no animal is going to tolerate flocks of hunters in the area.

On public land you've got to find just one thing - reasonably productive area where others do not, can not, or will not go. This usually means going a lot further (or sometimes, a lot closer) than anyone else into mean, mean territory.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucznik View Post
This usually means going a lot further (or sometimes, a lot closer) than anyone else into mean, mean territory.
Actually this what I have decided to do. I have found that everyone is going all the way to the back and the deer have been pushed towards the front. Go figure!