Help with a duck call
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Help with a duck call

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Help with a duck call

I own some RNT short barrel duck calls, personally some of the best I've used for me. But anyways one of them is made out of wood and the insert is stuck in the barrel of the call. Does anyone know how I can get the call apart to clean it without damaging the finish on the wood?

I think I just let it sit in the hot car too long and it went and stuck itself together from the heat and humidity. I know I can always send it to the manufacturer and get it fixed but who the hell wants to do that if theres a way I can do it myself

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2011, 04:37 AM   #2

I say you just go buy some acrylic calls. They wont stick together like wood. The wood calls will warp and such ruining them. Acrylic is a little more expensive but they sound better and are worth it in the long run. I recommend the Echo Prime meat

Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

RNT's are truly great calls. They're made right here in my home state! Have you tried the "grab and twist method?" I was thinking to try some WD-40, but I'd hate to see a call get messed up because of my advice...I know I'd try it! Next time, take your calls in the house! Good luck, Bro!