Having Hog Problems? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Having Hog Problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Hey any ideas on what we would need to hunt Benning, we know the usual license and keep the military IDs with but what else cz weve hunted different bases all over the U.S. and some require different stuff.

Thanks again!

Old 03-08-2011, 08:39 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkelas View Post
Hello my name is Alastair Merkel and I am a student at the University of Cincinnati and my dad and I, a COL in the U.S. ARMY and a combat vet, love hunting. We both have hunted everything from turkey and deer to boar and bear
Thanks to your dad for serving.

Keep killing the bears; remember, the only good bear is a dead bear.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:20 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkelas View Post
Hey any ideas on what we would need to hunt Benning, we know the usual license and keep the military IDs with but what else cz weve hunted different bases all over the U.S. and some require different stuff.

Thanks again!
Your gonna need to stop by the MWR to get a post hunting pass and map. Then check the open areas here:
Hunting Open Areas - Fort Benning DFMWR

The best hog areas are on the Alabama side of the installation near the drop zones. I'm gonna shoot you a e-mail with some details. I may even guide y'all if you don't mind some company.

“You’ve got red on you.” — Shaun of the Dead

Old 03-27-2011, 05:59 AM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

from what I've read online it says some schools and universities have some problems with hogs and of course several farm owners, one key thing to look for is electric fencing (but even those aren't full proof). Sorry I couldnt be of more help, i live in south florida and visit friends in central florida for my boyfriend and I to do our hog hunting. Good luck and happy hunting and sincerely give my thanks and gratitude to your dad, I have the utmost respect for the brave men and women that serve and protect this country and do a job I couldnt imagine doing. Without them I don't know what this country would be like. thanks again and good luck with the hogs! lord knows, just like u said, there's plenty of hogs and empty freezers.