Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Having Hog Problems? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/having-hog-problems-39138/)

merkelas 03-01-2011 02:37 AM

Having Hog Problems?

Hello my name is Alastair Merkel and I am a student at the University of Cincinnati and my dad and I, a COL in the U.S. ARMY and a combat vet, love hunting. We both have hunted everything from turkey and deer to boar and bear and process and clean all of our own game. Currently I am at school in Cincinnati, Ohio and my dad is stationed at Fort Gillem in Atlanta, Georgia. We both want to get into some hogs, or any other hunting, this season and I am trying to find anyone who is having problems with hogs on their land who would let us come in and take care of some pigs for them or of anyone that can refer me to someone.

You can reach me at merkelas@mail.uc.edu or reach my father, COL Merkel, at steven.merkel06@gmail.com

Thank you

Alastair

Shihan 03-01-2011 03:58 AM

I wish I had some land for you and your Dad to hunt on.

Give your Father a big thanks for his service. He has quite the Bio.

We have some Georgia members that may be able to help you out. Good Luck.

merkelas 03-01-2011 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shihan (Post 455371)
I wish I had some land for you and your Dad to hunt on.

Give your Father a big thanks for his service. He has quite the Bio.

We have some Georgia members that may be able to help you out. Good Luck.

Thank you very much :) He always says its people like you who make what he does worth while and he appreciates your reply. Im sure someone will be able to help us out, thank you and its always the thought that counts.

Alastair

c3shooter 03-01-2011 05:44 AM

Have your Dad check with the post game warden at Ft. Benning GA. There was a significant problem with feral pigs over on the Fryar Drop Zone used for the Airborne Students- was a lot of kudzu, and the hogs were rooting massive holes that the kids were dropping into on jumps. Word was that Benning was doing almost a "free-fire zone" to cut them back. Have been away from the Benning School for Boys for a while, so can't say for sure. Good luck, good hunting, and get some.

merkelas 03-01-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 455439)
Have your Dad check with the post game warden at Ft. Benning GA. There was a significant problem with feral pigs over on the Fryar Drop Zone used for the Airborne Students- was a lot of kudzu, and the hogs were rooting massive holes that the kids were dropping into on jumps. Word was that Benning was doing almost a "free-fire zone" to cut them back. Have been away from the Benning School for Boys for a while, so can't say for sure. Good luck, good hunting, and get some.

Thats a good point I'll have him or I check that out, thank you for the suggestion and keep em coming because there is no such thing as too much hunting with empty freezers and a father and son who love hunting and making memories together :)

Farmer 03-06-2011 11:28 PM

Wish I knew of a place. You might check this out:

Wild Boar Hunting In Ohio. Locations? (especially Vinton Cty.)? - Yahoo! Answers

merkelas 03-07-2011 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer (Post 458893)

Thank you very much and yes this did help. Any and all suggestions are great guys, thank you for the help to! Trust me it does not go unnoticed :)

soldierman79 03-08-2011 12:00 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 455439)

I can confirm this as i'm currently stationed here at Benning. The friggin hogs are ridiculous here! I got 6 this year and could have gotten 3 times that much if my freezer wasn't already full of pork. Please come help shoot them. They ruined several of my deer hunts. It's fun as crap to boot! :D

Boyerracing343 03-08-2011 12:16 AM

^ Looks like a great time. I wish i was still in Texas, Hog hunting is a blast.

merkelas 03-08-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soldierman79 (Post 459669)
I can confirm this as i'm currently stationed here at Benning. The friggin hogs are ridiculous here! I got 6 this year and could have gotten 3 times that much if my freezer wasn't already full of pork. Please come help shoot them. They ruined several of my deer hunts. It's fun as crap to boot! :D

Just sent a message to the big man saying we need to head to Benning on the 21st (spring break). Haha hogs are a great fun to hunt, who would we have to contact in order to find out some good areas to shoot some hogs or if anyone is up for some hog hunting with us anywhere from tuesday the 22nd till saturday the 26th this march? :D