the golfball method - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > the golfball method

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 01:27 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I guess your hunting is different than ours out west. Cant even count the number of times I was still packing out deer and elk in the dark. Skinning was an evening event as either work or more hunting was to be done in daylight. As to the method in the video, this is a very old method and has been used for over a hundred years. It does not harm in any way the meat. If you will view old time photos of the buffalo slaughter, you will see the buffalo staked to the ground and the hide was pulled off with teams of oxen or mules.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Goof Ball Skinners

Go figure, You hit the Nail on the Head. Buff. Slaughter. Only the White man will Kill for Fun and Money. The White man will pay for what he did to the red man. It is written in the holy text. Just ask the JEWS. Get Out Your Bug Bag. and Make sure it contains the seed packets for survival. Wills in da Swamp in La. One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-19-2010, 02:27 AM   #13

As to how I came by the deer, I was driving home from work yesterday morning and saw a doe that had been hit by a car trying to stand up with a bone protruding from it's lower leg. I did the Californian thing and called animal control, told them where it was, they said thank you, took my number and said I could leave and they'd take care of it. I was getting a cup of coffee when they called back and told me it was out of their jurisdiction and I needed to call another number, which they gave me. So i called TheDaggle (a user here, and a friend of mine) and asked him for ethical and logistical advice. We decided I should go back, club it with the FUBar I keep in my trunk, toss it in the back of my car and gut it in my bathtub. When i went back it was already dead. So i threw it in my trunk, drove home, hauled it up a flight of stares and mauled the thing in my tub. A clogged drain and broken showhead later, I have a fridge full of venison, and I'll be heading to Daggle's place tomorrow to butcher it properly.

No poaching involved I swear.

would the golfball method work on hogs? From what I understand, skinning a hog is a bit different than deer... or is it?

Old 04-19-2010, 02:41 AM   #14
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

In your Tub in the House!

Old 04-19-2010, 02:43 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

In Alaska plenty of red men kill game for fun. Don't have a handy link to the 3 Point Lay men sentenced for killing 37 caribou and leaving them to rot, but it happened last summer. Not to mention headless walrus corpses turning up every spring. Don't need preaching about soulless white killers, thank you. And what about black men killing elephants and rhinos for money? Any body will do nearly any thing if times get bad enough. It's not a racial monopoly.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:44 AM   #16

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
In your Tub in the House!
Yeh. I'll get him to post the pics. It's pretty bad. But pretty funny too.
Hardware store clerk: "Can I help you?"
Mr_i: "Yeah, whats your strongest drain cleaner?"
Hardware store clerk: "Depends on what you're trying to unclog."
Mr_i: "How about for bits of hair, skin, and coagulated blood?"

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 04-19-2010, 08:16 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Yeh. I'll get him to post the pics. It's pretty bad. But pretty funny too.
Hardware store clerk: "Can I help you?"
Mr_i: "Yeah, whats your strongest drain cleaner?"
Hardware store clerk: "Depends on what you're trying to unclog."
Mr_i: "How about for bits of hair, skin, and coagulated blood?"
The best part was that his response was to point at the one on the bottom shelf without hesitation, "that one. do you have chemical resistant gloves and goggles? ok, then your good to go. don't get it on yourself."

Old 04-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Dressing dear in the can

You Guys take the $$s Hole of the year award. I can't stop laughing to finis this, I'm Gone. Wills , God Bless Road Kill,,,,,,,,,

Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #19

Sooo... any thoughts on using this technique on hogs?

Old 04-21-2010, 02:45 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Works like a charm. You can use a rock too. On deer. Never tried it on a hog. I take my hogs to a processor anyways.