God I LOVE hunting!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > God I LOVE hunting!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Default God I LOVE hunting!

Who else loves being on the hunt the whole expieriance of it. The drive to the camp. The excitment when you start to put on all your camo then as you start to head out into the woods and get your spot set up. Then all of a sudden you see the prize and you take your shot! Then enjoing the meat over dinner then next few days or a stick of jerkey here or there. The rush and joy of being on the hunt is one of the top ten exspieriences of your life! So lets hear some of your best memories while on the hunt or just with your buddies hangin around the camp before or after. Have at it! pictures of the camp or hunting spot and your prize are always nice to throw in aswell!

Have Gun....Will Travel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-15-2011, 08:24 PM   #2

Heck yea! I think deer camp is half the fun. The camp fire, the catching up with old friends, I love it!

“You’ve got red on you.” — Shaun of the Dead

Old 12-15-2011, 08:30 PM   #3

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
Who else loves being on the hunt the whole expieriance of it. The drive to the camp. The excitment when you start to put on all your camo then as you start to head out into the woods and get your spot set up. Then all of a sudden you see the prize and you take your shot! Then enjoing the meat over dinner then next few days or a stick of jerkey here or there. The rush and joy of being on the hunt is one of the top ten exspieriences of your life! So lets hear some of your best memories while on the hunt or just with your buddies hangin around the camp before or after. Have at it! pictures of the camp or hunting spot and your prize are always nice to throw in aswell!
That was heartfelt kinda like a good sermon at sunday church, ahhhh the huntin season what a great time

Old 12-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d
My best so far my daughter smoked her first bull elk 5x5, an took 3 good muley bucks in 3 states yep that was the best, the look in her eyes as she settled in for the shots, the expressions of the first set of elk horns in her hands, just the joy of spendin 3 weeks on the road in a camper huntin with her was priceless, I cant wait till next yr we are goin to africa, an she is hunting this time

Old 12-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #5
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Too many to recount....i guess thats the price for being hardcore for 30+ years.

Late season M/L sitting thru the storm...

Then in walked a pack of does, as i was glassing behind them looking for the king, the lead she beast noticed something not quite right (me) and start getting antsy....

... she was out "there" @ 48 yds, when i took the shot...

just as she was about to blow the alarm....the (CVA) Wolf barked...

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #6
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post
My best so far my daughter smoked her first bull elk 5x5, an took 3 good muley bucks in 3 states yep that was the best, the look in her eyes as she settled in for the shots, the expressions of the first set of elk horns in her hands, just the joy of spendin 3 weeks on the road in a camper huntin with her was priceless, I cant wait till next yr we are goin to africa, an she is hunting this time
CANNOT wait to get my youngest on a deer...this was supposed to be the year but circumstances conspired against us.

This post is useless without PICS!!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

CANNOT wait to get my youngest on a deer...this was supposed to be the year but circumstances conspired against us.

It was my greatest moment hunting in 30 yrs to watch her drop that bull I called in.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

My pic next to user name is small sorry only way I can figure how to post one thats her first bull elk an her 2nd muley buck both in the same day oct 23 colorado

Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Only situation in which i have ever ended up LOLing at someone who almost shot me. Idiot on the other fenceline shot within a foot or two of me at a friggin fawn that jumped out in front of me. It was a burly fawn, but the spots were still almost visible. After being mad at dude for a moment for shooting unsafely and in my personal space, everybody ragged him about trying to shoot that goat-sized deer. It practically hit the end of my 12 guage, and i couldn't bring myself to shoot it, least not til i was sure it wasn't nursing anymore.

Usually, you can't laugh at somebody about almost shooting you, but hunting brings people together to make fun of each other's poor shots.

Dude had a story about a drunken relative shooting a decorative yard deer with a large revolver; i think maybe it was genetical.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:49 PM   #10
fmj

Sitting in Gods treasure room, early archery '09...

What i thought a small 6 ran by....got him to halt @ 35 yds....took the shot...
...an AWESOME sight first thing in the morning...

The "Hero shots"...