Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   First ever duck hunt this morning. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/first-ever-duck-hunt-morning-21881/)

ItsmeShane 01-06-2010 03:34 PM

First ever duck hunt this morning.

Seen 2 wads. one with 4 in it and the other with 2. the first wad flew in over top of my head and by the time i got up ready to shoot they were right in the direction of my hunting buddy so I didnt shoot. the next wad that came in they made a big circle over the pond and all 3 of us shot. we dropped one, I dont know who hit it though.

all in all I had fun though, Id like to go back and get a few to try. Ive never had duck.

Old Sarge 01-06-2010 06:14 PM

OK, so it's your first time duck hunting. I've never been. So what the heck is a Wad?:confused: Oh, I've eaten duck, and the one I had was greasy!

ItsmeShane 01-06-2010 07:42 PM

wad is a group of ducks.

Old Sarge 01-06-2010 07:46 PM

And you only got ONE??? :D

ItsmeShane 01-06-2010 07:51 PM

yep, thats just how it happened I guess. the first group flew in a bad direction, if I would have shot, i would have hit my hunting buddies and if he would have shot he would have hit me so....

ta1588 01-08-2010 05:13 PM

I guess it's a good thing no one took a shot then. I bet you guys had a pretty good time. I had my first duck hunt recently and I hope to go again sometime.

Silvertip 44 01-08-2010 11:22 PM

I went duck hunting once and goose hunting once. Killed two ducks and one goose.
Neither are fit to eat so hunting web footed birds is off for me. The weather is usually too miserable as well.
Those who like it should keep on trucking, and enjoy it.

suprdave 01-17-2010 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvertip 44 (Post 210210)
I went duck hunting once and goose hunting once. Killed two ducks and one goose.
Neither are fit to eat so hunting web footed birds is off for me. The weather is usually too miserable as well.
Those who like it should keep on trucking, and enjoy it.

You just weren't cooking it the right way...:rolleyes:

.22hustler 01-18-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ItsmeShane (Post 209272)
yep, thats just how it happened I guess. the first group flew in a bad direction, if I would have shot, i would have hit my hunting buddies and if he would have shot he would have hit me so....

Maybe you should look into the way you and your buddies are positioning yourselves.

ItsmeShane 01-18-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .22hustler (Post 214664)
Maybe you should look into the way you and your buddies are positioning yourselves.

we were around a pond, the back side and one of the ends were wooded pretty heavily, so 2 of us stood on the opposite side of the trees and one stood on the end that wasnt wooded. well they flew in diagonally right over my head right towards larry. he told me thats how him and his 2 boys do it all the time, but that particular morning he said they changed direction on how they flew in.