The Feral (wild) Hog/Pig~~~ - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Feral (wild) Hog/Pig~~~

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 12:47 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 444 Times on 257 Posts

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1391435049.628960.jpg Pumpkin the pig is not impressed with this thread. 😧

Old 02-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1497 Times on 1014 Posts
Likes Given: 522

Unless it is fall when the hogs are feeding on acorns I prefer to trap hogs so I can feed them out on corn or whatever the feed store/mill has cheap. I kill a couple birds with a single stone by feeding out the hogs. If the hog is a domestic hog that has escaped the owner can claim it or I get nice tasty meat. It costs less than $50 to feed out a hog.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 02-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #83

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default " Death from Above" souvenirs for hog hunters....

Hello,

A while back I thought that some hog hunters would be interested in "Death from above" skulls with wings, to help popularize hog hunting from the air. I received feed back that they would like to see a HOG skull instead of the human skull attached to the wings pin and to the hat patch. I approached the company who makes the items and they asked for a drawing of the pigs skull or some other art work...they could then change the die for their pin or re program the machine that makes the patches.
If any one would like to send to me a sketch or drawing...I could submit it to the artists and you might get back a neat souvenir of your hog hunt.
The factory says there would be an initial min run to pay for the art work.
If any one is interested...submit the art work or if you would like to see the finished product email me. I can also send you the link to buy the standard " Death from Above" pins, and patches. In case you are too young to remember...the "death from Above" phrase originated from Viet Nam when the helicopters started having door gunners....thanks...anthony barbuto....barbuto@optonline.net

Old 02-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #84

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonybarbuto View Post
Hello,

A while back I thought that some hog hunters would be interested in "Death from above" skulls with wings, to help popularize hog hunting from the air. I received feed back that they would like to see a HOG skull instead of the human skull attached to the wings pin and to the hat patch. I approached the company who makes the items and they asked for a drawing of the pigs skull or some other art work...they could then change the die for their pin or re program the machine that makes the patches.
If any one would like to send to me a sketch or drawing...I could submit it to the artists and you might get back a neat souvenir of your hog hunt.
The factory says there would be an initial min run to pay for the art work.
If any one is interested...submit the art work or if you would like to see the finished product email me. I can also send you the link to buy the standard " Death from Above" pins, and patches. In case you are too young to remember...the "death from Above" phrase originated from Viet Nam when the helicopters started having door gunners....thanks...anthony barbuto....barbuto@optonline.net
Here's links to pig skulls, just to cover all bases.......
Google Images are always a great place to find what you need.....
I'm sure there's one here that will fit the bill, so-to-speak..

FERAL PIG SKULLS:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pig+skull&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ei=tYcMU9fVJ-fG0wG674DwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1029&bih=50 0#q=FERAL+PIG+SKULLS&safe=active&tbm=isch&imgdii=F 3tqMtoWcVTXCM%3A%3BxsugibJ4NQzgNM%3BF3tqMtoWcVTXCM %3A
FERAL HOG SKULLS
https://www.google.com/search?q=pig+skull&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ei=tYcMU9fVJ-fG0wG674DwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1029&bih=50 0#q=FERAL+HOG+SKULLS&safe=active&tbm=isch&imgdii=F 3tqMtoWcVTXCM%3A%3BxsugibJ4NQzgNM%3BF3tqMtoWcVTXCM %3A

https://www.google.com/search?q=pig+skull&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ei=tYcMU9fVJ-fG0wG674DwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1029&bih=50 0#q=feral+hog+skull&safe=active&tbm=isch&imgdii=F3 tqMtoWcVTXCM%3A%3BxsugibJ4NQzgNM%3BF3tqMtoWcVTXCM% 3A
WILD PIGS:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pig+skull&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ei=tYcMU9fVJ-fG0wG674DwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1029&bih=50 0#q=wild+pig+skull&safe=active&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

This one showed up quite a few times throughout the listing......
http://www.lloydlibrary.org/exhibits/darwin/CDarwin/Descent%20fig%2064%20pig%20skull.jpg

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/10/02/science/02skull_cnd/02skull_cnd-superJumbo.jpg

HERE'S MORE PHOTOS OF ACTUAL FERAL PIGS:
https://www.google.com/search?q=pig+skull&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isc h&sa=X&ei=tYcMU9fVJ-fG0wG674DwAw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1029&bih=50 0#q=FERAL+PIG+PICTURES&safe=active&tbm=isch&imgdii =F3tqMtoWcVTXCM%3A%3BxsugibJ4NQzgNM%3BF3tqMtoWcVTX CM%3A

Last edited by teaberryeagle; 02-25-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #85

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Helicopter Hog Hunt Slow Mo Kill Shots - It's a Wonderful World

World's Largest Hog : Documentary on Giant Wild Hogs in Georgia

Bounty on feral hogs doubled

Feral Hogs in North Texas - A Growing Urban Issue

Wild Pigs in Texas: Control Options for Landowners

These Are No Ordinary Pigs | Invasion
Never Take Your Eyes Off a Mutant Pig | Invasion

Dangerous Invaders 17 - Wild Pig Invasion - Dangerous Animals

Drones used to hunt, kill feral pigs in Louisiana

Hogwash! Authorities kill feral pigs in Michigan

Old 03-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1093 Posts
Likes Given: 885

FEDERAL FUSION
We had a couple of 125 lb hogs in a trap yesterday so I used this to test the 62 gr 223 fusion ammo. It worked very well. Both were shot from about 50 yds and both were hit in the heart/lung area. One was quartering about 20 degrees and both shots were compete pass though shots Both were down in less than 5 seconds with out even a wiggle or kick.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 08-23-2014, 02:19 PM   #87
Table of Warriors prospect
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6765 Times on 3697 Posts
Likes Given: 13340

A-holes!

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 08-23-2014, 02:52 PM   #88
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 504 Times on 310 Posts

That was not funny or cool in any way !!
Yes wild pigs are a problem but they still need to be respected. I am not one to kill more then I or my family can eat.
This is just a want and waste!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

"Don't call me Sir, I work for a living"

"I'm an A**hole"

People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #89
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21217 Times on 12048 Posts
Likes Given: 52970

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post
Yes wild pigs are a problem but they still need to be respected. I am not one to kill more then I or my family can eat.

i agree. granted, they are running pretty much rampant here in Texas in many areas, but even varmints should be killed humanely.
People Like This 
Old 08-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #90

Liked 189 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGSF View Post

That is the thing that will get the ANTIs going. How do we get it through to these guys that that is NOT ACCEPTABLE by most of our standards.

You have to LIVE, DIE, and PAY TAXES, and pay for what you do between your LIVING and your DYING!

People Like This