Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Explore Optics..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2011, 11:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Explore Optics..

So i went to this gun shop, and was looking at some new optics... and i ran across Explore Optics... just curious, has anyone ever heard of, or had any experience with these? Ive looked on the website, and it says a lot of good things, but i want others opinions.. the other scope im looking at is a Nikon 4x12x5o.... which im leaning more towards, but, im curious about this explore optics..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2342 Times on 1169 Posts
Likes Given: 1189

Fuzzy,

I'm always skeptical of new optics! Seems like there are a hundred of them popping up everywhere. And built all over the world! Cool "Yes" Durable ? Quality ? Repair Service ? My thought if I was buying! Between the two choices you mentioned it would be the NIKON Hands Down! I know they make good products and have been in the optics business for years! Of Course I am a Leupold guy mostly. I have a NIKON Coyote Scope on my Savage Predator Rifle. Don't believe I like the Ring Reticle but the quality and the glass are excellent!

Old 02-21-2011, 11:49 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I've had four Nikon scopes. Three 3-9x40, one was a Team Primos and another was a Monarch 3-9x40 and one was a Pro-Staff. The other one was a Monarch EER for a Scout Rifle project I was working on. but I don't remember the power.

All of the Nikons were stout and held zero once they were set.

I've never heard of Explore Optics. That doesn't mean they aren't any good, it just means that I've never heard of them.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams