Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   Hunting Forum (
-   -   Electronic caller - WTB? (

R-BOLT 02-09-2009 04:10 PM

Electronic caller - WTB?
OK - Wanted to go crow calling this weekend and my twenty year old Johnny Stweart (forgive my spelling) cass. style caller has died. Any suggestions on what new caller I should look at, also as I don't use one a whole lot good pricing on one?

R-BOLT 02-12-2009 04:24 PM

Bump - Going to be near a Cabelas and Bass Pro next monday. any suggestions on a under $200.00 electronic caller??

cpttango30 02-13-2009 12:36 PM

Johnny Stewart PM-4 wireless Preymaster Caller. These is the only one I would get if not getting a foxpro. Me I would save my money and get the Fox pro fury for $600 from

R-BOLT 02-17-2009 04:13 AM

Did the trip to Cabela's today about a 275 mile trip one way for us here in central Ks. Purchased a Westren Rivers cass. style caller in the Bargin Cave for $95.00 which looks like a exact copy to my old Johnny Stewart cass. style caller. Still have a large number of tapes I can use and have always had good luck with the caller in the past, unless calling in the single digit temps.

Question: When I purchased the old J.S. caller I bought the optional large steel long range speaker marked 8 ohms. The W.R, really has no specs with it but the speaker that came with it says 25 watts. Is my old speaker compatible with the new caller? the plug is the same.

Also I screwed up and picked up a box of 10 ga. turkey loads instead of 12 ga. Any olne had any luck retuning ammo to them? On a slip of paper they put in my sack says no returns on firearms and ammo.:(