double barreld shotgun question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > double barreld shotgun question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default double barreld shotgun question

hi as you guys all know you can see on my picture my personal favourite weapon : the doublebarreld shotgun i like this gun because its a great bird hunting gun . i never used this gun on moose , elk , bears . because it doesn't have the oppertunity to kill your target from range .. but i used this gun 1 time and thats for defense . well my cadle was eaten from a European bear (btw i live in turkey) so i shot the bear BOOM...BOOM the bear whas killed i think 1 meter (3foot) distance. but is this gun good for hunting on big animals like a moose or boars ( remember i shot the bear on very close distance ) so is this good for hutnign regluair animals for 30 foot or so ????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I wouldnt use it on anything bigger than some medium sized boar. I dropped about a 150 pound boar with a 12ga slug from about 20 yards, but i shot it in the neck and broke its spine, but I also took a shot at about a 300 pound boar from around 10yds, hit it, and it just pissed if off.

Speak softly and carry a big stick...just know how to use it.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:11 PM   #3

thank you for the shotgun advice i will hunt boars deers wolfs . im soz that your parents split up . but rlly thank you .. but one question what is the most dangerous animal youve EVAR HUTNED AND KILLED ?!!? the mine was big black american wolf ( it wasn't the bear cuz i killed it for defense not for hutning) so what it is shuold we make a new topic for this??? hell yeah !

Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizir1shotguns View Post
hi as you guys all know you can see on my picture my personal favourite weapon : the doublebarreld shotgun i like this gun because its a great bird hunting gun . i never used this gun on moose , elk , bears . because it doesn't have the oppertunity to kill your target from range .. but i used this gun 1 time and thats for defense . well my cadle was eaten from a European bear (btw i live in turkey) so i shot the bear BOOM...BOOM the bear whas killed i think 1 meter (3foot) distance. but is this gun good for hunting on big animals like a moose or boars ( remember i shot the bear on very close distance ) so is this good for hutnign regluair animals for 30 foot or so ????
If you don't mind how about stopping by the Introductions thread and letting us know who you are?

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f2/

"I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off!" - Dirty Harry

Old 06-27-2010, 08:43 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I had a Stevens Model 311 (cheap side by side) that I sawed off to 20 inches for a cabin gun when I lived in the woods. It would keep slugs within 2" at 25 yards without a bead on the front. I never killed anything but grouse with it, but I took it with me fishing and to run bears out of the yard and never felt under-armed.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #6

While I don't use my double barrel for hunting (Its almost 95 years old) I do use my dads Remingtion 870 Express Magnum. Anyways, There are several things that can effect the distance of your shotgun.
So I have a few questions.

What size shell do you typically use in your gun? 2 3/4'', 3'' or 3 1/2''?

Do you use Buckshot or a Slug?

Does your shotgun have differing Chokes? My Double barrel has one Modifed and One Full.

Old 07-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #7

i know that the guns is old , and i already got a hunting gun a brazzlian sxs whit scope 9x3 . well my double barreld shotung is a 20gauge has a big shell (i dind't checkt the shell it out yet ) is a db side by side

Old 07-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #8

love side by sides. 16 ga Stevens was my favorite trade it to my brother in law for 20 Ga western ward and a savage 7mm rem. mag still think he got the best of me

Old 07-06-2010, 06:49 AM   #9

Ah ha! 20 gauge. My workhorse. I have a single-shot 20 ga. Used it for everything from Squirrel to Deer. My most amazing feat with it so far was a 4 year old gobbler at 50yds with a 2 3/4 '' Birdshot shell.

Well, I've never hunted either Moose or boar with my 20 gauge, But I'd think that it'd be good for Boar within a reasonable distance. Just be able to reload like bat out of hell incase you get charged.