Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Dog !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster View Post

Huh a brake pedal??? E brake in a big truck??? Have u ever really drove a damn truck cause not one single truck ever made has a e brake, they all use the tractor trailer air valves on the dash. Wtf willis
The freightliner cascadia 2010 I drove for PAM had one that locked up the front brakes. My cousins custom 379 had one......never used it so I have no clue what it was for. Just no it was there.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #82

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

So drive w no air on the trailer???? Or are you saying you never shut em off?
You cant drive with no air in the trailer, no air or low air locks the brakes up. Dont set the trailer brakes in cold weather, dont pull out the knob on the dash

Old 01-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #83

Quote:

You cant drive with no air in the trailer, no air or low air locks the brakes up. Dont set the trailer brakes in cold weather, dont pull out the knob on the dash
Ya thays what I thought you ment and was always told. Just you had me confused there for a second.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #84

Quote:

The freightliner cascadia 2010 I drove for PAM had one that locked up the front brakes. My cousins custom 379 had one......never used it so I have no clue what it was for. Just no it was there.
No way, the front brakes are not lockers , an for over 25 yrs I have owned many peterbilts an not one ever had it nor came with one, the brake system is one in the truck, not seperate. Once a brake is applied ALL BRAKES ARE APPLIED.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #85

Quote:

No way, the front brakes are not lockers , an for over 25 yrs I have owned many peterbilts an not one ever had it nor came with one, the brake system is one in the truck, not seperate. Once a brake is applied ALL BRAKES ARE APPLIED.
Just telling you what my trainer told me on the freightliner. As to the custom I have no idea what the hell it did or what it was for.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #86
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:

That's not the parking brake.....or not in any rig iv ever been in. Everyone I've ever been in had a brake pedal for an e brake like a normal car/truck
Uh yeah, it is. It's a yellow knob and it says PARK on it. In every truck I've every been in which is probably over 500. I have never seen a pedal to set a park brake in a truck.

Quote:

That may be something swift or werner might tell their drivers but they are the tractor an trailer air valve parking brake. I never use my trailer valve unless dropping the trailer tho I had the trailer brakes freeze in whitefish montana 20yrs ago in a 85 pete 359, an lord have mercy I bout froze to death trying to de ice them with a damn hand torch I got from ace hardware. Oh that was a life learning exp there. Never set the trailer brake in cold weather unless the trailer is gonna be dropped.
Or the guy that taught my brake class... I don't know, I definitely don't know everything.

Quote:

Huh a brake pedal??? E brake in a big truck??? Have u ever really drove a damn truck cause not one single truck ever made has a e brake, they all use the tractor trailer air valves on the dash. Wtf willis
I haven't ever seen a pedal for a park brake. I've never worked on trailers, but I have seen the trailer knob on the dash for the brakes.
Quote:

So drive w no air on the trailer???? Or are you saying you never shut em off?
Uh you can't drive did not air, the brakes won't release.

Quote:

The little pedal under the dash on a Pete? That's for adjusting the steering wheel.

Quote:

I don't know about trainers but when truck brakes freeze up we just hit the drum with a hammer.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Uh yeah, it is. It's a yellow knob and it says PARK on it. In every truck I've every been in which is probably over 500. I have never seen a pedal to set a park brake in a truck.

Or the guy that taught my brake class... I don't know, I definitely don't know everything.

I haven't ever seen a pedal for a park brake. I've never worked on trailers, but I have seen the trailer knob on the dash for the brakes.

Uh you can't drive did not air, the brakes won't release.

The little pedal under the dash on a Pete? That's for adjusting the steering wheel.

I don't know about trainers but when truck brakes freeze up we just hit the drum with a hammer.
The reason u can do the hammer on the drum tech is becouse the tractor will power through it the trailer wont do anything but drag behind ya. I have over 2 million miles behind the wheel I love people that have never drove tellin me how this work its great. I have backed up more miles than than most have pulled foward. No offense meant to YOU CINDER, YOU DO KNOW WHATS WHAT ON A TRUCK.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #88
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:

The reason u can do the hammer on the drum tech is becouse the tractor will power through it the trailer wont do anything but drag behind ya. I have over 2 million miles behind the wheel I love people that have never drove tellin me how this work its great. I have backed up more miles than than most have pulled foward. No offense meant to YOU CINDER, YOU DO KNOW WHATS WHAT ON A TRUCK.
Like I said I've never worked on trailers and I've never driven a truck other than around the lot. And I never have claimed to know everything.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:48 AM   #89

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Truck Driver school grads? As you can see a driver of 25 years and a well you get the idea? We have hired hundreds of OTR drivers over the years. The real ones are hard to find. The others can not pass a Pee test?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Truck Driver school grads? As you can see a driver of 25 years and a well you get the idea? We have hired hundreds of OTR drivers over the years. The real ones are hard to find. The others can not pass a Pee test?
I doubt you know the difference in the splitter little loan how to actually do a pre trip or anything else.