Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Dog !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #21
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3168 Times on 1763 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Popeye, I can't stand cats, but I have to disagree with some points. They're not the only animals that kill for sport, coyotes and wolves also have been known to do so, and I think other animals have too.

Also, they're VERY useful in a barn. They'll keep rodents and bugs out of livestock feed.

Alas, that's the only damn actual reliable "use" I know of. Some people love them as pets, sure. Many for the very reason Orangello pointed out, they're pretty self sufficient, and most people need only know how to empty the litter box/fill the food/water bowls to get along famously with a cat.

Oh well. They're just not privy to the cat's plan of world domination.

Take the mushroom, take the world, and it starts with diet coke. Sorry. That was a flashback to SOI days.
My dog tortures little critters. I had to shoot a mouse after he got ahold of it.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
Too me cats have no useful purpose. You can't train them. They won't guard you or alert for danger. All you do is feed them and clean up after them. They won't retrieve your birds or flush, find game etc. They will certainly kill them (birds and small creatures) just for fun and will play with them before they finish them off. They are the only animal on the planet other than humans that will kill without a reason. One of nature's cruelest and most efficient killers. JMO
I disagree wholeheartedly. Cats live in a world of silence. And they move therein except, of course, when its dinner time.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20921 Times on 11885 Posts
Likes Given: 52455

well i have dogs and cats and they co-exist with each other, well most of the time! sometimes the dogs do think they are there for their amusement!

Old 01-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I get cats (most of the time) what I don't get are the cat owners that "have" a cat but in reality the cat just roams the neighborhood.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Popeye77 Likes This 
Old 01-13-2013, 10:43 PM   #25

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Not many cats roaming around my neighborhood. Coyotes cruise the neighborhood at night every now and then.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 PM   #26

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
Not many cats roaming around my neighborhood. Coyotes cruise the neighborhood at night every now and then.
I would almost be willing to import coyotes to my neighborhood just to get rid of these GD cats.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:55 PM   #27
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 1763 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiseman3 View Post
I get cats (most of the time) what I don't get are the cat owners that "have" a cat but in reality the cat just roams the neighborhood.
That makes me so mad! I keep my dog fenced in and when he's out I'm watching him. He's not out roaming the neighborhood damaging people's property and scratching their paint on their cars.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Popeye77 Likes This 
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #28

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I would almost be willing to import coyotes to my neighborhood just to get rid of these GD cats.
Ill loan you Nero or my little cousin Bo Walt......either way the cats are ummmmm gone

Old 01-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #29
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6961 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8377

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Stuff like this is why I am a cat person; they don't need as much love as a dog. Most times, as long as they have enough to eat, they would be OK without a human.
Other people's dogs are great, they can be playful or friendly, but they don't NEED you, just their owners/people.

A good dog owner/person has to be a good and responsible person; a cat person just has to be able to handle a litterbox.
I don't know about that. My daughter has a cat that almost needs to be with her. I have the cats for three weeks while my daughter is living with a friend. My daughter is "between apartments". When this cat hears my daughters in my house, it goes crazy to be with her. It's almost a pest to her. Anytime my daughter is sitting, this cat is with her.

Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #30

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I don't know about that. My daughter has a cat that almost needs to be with her. I have the cats for three weeks while my daughter is living with a friend. My daughter is "between apartments". When this cat hears my daughters in my house, it goes crazy to be with her. It's almost a pest to her. Anytime my daughter is sitting, this cat is with her.
I had a cat up untill yesterday an it was ummmm ummmmm good. Bbq over slow coals an some baked beans best cat I ever ate.