The Dog ! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Dog !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Stuff like this is why I am a cat person; they don't need as much love as a dog. Most times, as long as they have enough to eat, they would be OK without a human.
Other people's dogs are great, they can be playful or friendly, but they don't NEED you, just their owners/people.

A good dog owner/person has to be a good and responsible person; a cat person just has to be able to handle a litterbox.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 01-13-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #12

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I would have called animal control who has ways to catch dogs like that.

I had a dog for many years that followed me home one day, sort of. I was walking in downtown Chicago with a girlfriend. A dog came racing out of Grant Park and appeared to be so excited to see me. He was all excited and dancing around me. There were people in the park playing frisbee, picnicing, etc. My friend and I walked slowly waiting for someone to notice their dog was following us. We got to the end of that section of park and turned and walked back again, slow. No one ever called the dog. He was happily trotting ahead of us, glancing back every few seconds to keep an eye on us. We ditched into a store when he wasn't looking, hoping to lose him. He glanced back, didn't see us and went crazy running up and down the street looking for us. I felt guilty, we stepped out of the store lobby and that dog was all over me like he almost lost his best friend. Needless to say, we loaded him into my car, I took him home, cleaned him up and he was my friend and guardian for the next 13 years or so. He was dirty, flea ridden, had multiple cuts and was afraid of brooms and, oddly enough but you can figure this out, he was afraid of flashlights in a dark room. Like someone was searching for him to hurt him. He also despised people who had been drinking and smelled of alcohol. No dog has ever loved me like that dog. Where ever I went with him, all I had to do was look around and he'd be lying somewhere near, watching me. I don't know what it was but that dog had a 'thing' for me like I've never seen before. I know all my dogs love me but there was something extremely special about what that dog felt for me and I never could figure out why, in the crowd of people that day, that dog singled me out.
Dogs have an uncanny sense of people's charachter. Seen it too many times in their actions.
Old 01-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3277 Times on 1818 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Stuff like this is why I am a cat person; they don't need as much love as a dog. Most times, as long as they have enough to eat, they would be OK without a human.
Other people's dogs are great, they can be playful or friendly, but they don't NEED you, just their owners.
That's why I like dogs.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Popeye77 Likes This 
Old 01-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Richard Gere played the American version of a true story that happened in Japan in a movie entitled: Hachiko (Great movie)!!

Old 01-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Too me cats have no useful purpose. You can't train them. They won't guard you or alert for danger. All you do is feed them and clean up after them. They won't retrieve your birds or flush, find game etc. They will certainly kill them (birds and small creatures) just for fun and will play with them before they finish them off. They are the only animal on the planet other than humans that will kill without a reason. One of nature's cruelest and most efficient killers. JMO

Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 PM   #16

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Popeye, I can't stand cats, but I have to disagree with some points. They're not the only animals that kill for sport, coyotes and wolves also have been known to do so, and I think other animals have too.

Also, they're VERY useful in a barn. They'll keep rodents and bugs out of livestock feed.

Alas, that's the only damn actual reliable "use" I know of. Some people love them as pets, sure. Many for the very reason Orangello pointed out, they're pretty self sufficient, and most people need only know how to empty the litter box/fill the food/water bowls to get along famously with a cat.

Oh well. They're just not privy to the cat's plan of world domination.

Take the mushroom, take the world, and it starts with diet coke. Sorry. That was a flashback to SOI days.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 PM   #17

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Popeye, I can't stand cats, but I have to disagree with some points. They're not the only animals that kill for sport, coyotes and wolves also have been known to do so, and I think other animals have too.

Also, they're VERY useful in a barn. They'll keep rodents and bugs out of livestock feed.

Alas, that's the only damn actual reliable "use" I know of. Some people love them as pets, sure. Many for the very reason Orangello pointed out, they're pretty self sufficient, and most people need only know how to empty the litter box/fill the food/water bowls to get along famously with a cat.

Oh well. They're just not privy to the cat's plan of world domination.

Take the mushroom, take the world, and it starts with diet coke. Sorry. That was a flashback to SOI days.
SOI days was good day's though

Old 01-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #18

I like dogs alot better than cats. Cats seem to be good for haven no small varmints in barns and such and otherwise are only good as speed bumbs and dog chow(I see alot of dead cats run over around me and my pit eats everyone he can catch). They have other good uses but I wont mention THEM on open forum.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 PM   #19

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
They have other good uses but I wont mention THEM on open forum.
I knew a man not like you, and not attracted to goats or blow up dolls, HAD to be finding relief somewhere...

Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I knew a man not like you, and not attracted to goats or blow up dolls, HAD to be finding relief somewhere...
I'm not using em for that purpose....although combine one w ether, the worthless neighbors mailbox, and a thing of alkaseltzer and you got a thing of beauty to watch I have female friends for the purpose you mention Walt