The Dog ! - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Dog !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Our military has never given the dog it's due - I remember a Vietnam vet who was a dog handler, he complained long & loud about abandoning the service dogs (in cages) when we left. The VC hated them because they were helpful in preventing ambushes & booby traps. God only know what happened to them.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #112
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7105 Times on 4276 Posts
Likes Given: 8618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Our military has never given the dog it's due - I remember a Vietnam vet who was a dog handler, he complained long & loud about abandoning the service dogs (in cages) when we left. The VC hated them because they were helpful in preventing ambushes & booby traps. God only know what happened to them.
Exactly. It was horrible. We left all those military dogs behind. If the VC jsut killed them and ate them that would be one thing but I don't think that was the fate of many of those dogs. Just another terrible thing our Vietnam Vets had to cope with after coming home from Vietnam.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #113
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Exactly. It was horrible. We left all those military dogs behind. If the VC jsut killed them and ate them that would be one thing but I don't think that was the fate of many of those dogs. Just another terrible thing our Vietnam Vets had to cope with after coming home from Vietnam.

I dunno winds, being left behind as a side dish is a pretty terrible fate in itself

Also...I did some digging on the bill S.2134 and found a bunch of articles saying it had been voted on and passed. But when when I dug into it. (see link) It just shows the latest action as a referral to the armed forces subcommitee. Anyone else hear anything else on this?

http://www.petside.com/article/department-defense-classifies-military-dogs-equipment

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #114
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1885 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Default Best friends.....

Dogs got Soul.......You can see it in thier eyes and thier tails..............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:32 AM   #115
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
Dogs got Soul.......You can see it in thier eyes and thier tails..............
i have heard some people say that animals don't have souls. well, i'm sorry, but i can't abide by that because i believe God gave them a soul because he made them just like he made us. nothing can give that much love for so little and not have a soul.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:46 AM   #116

Liked 376 Times on 232 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

i have heard some people say that animals don't have souls. well, i'm sorry, but i can't abide by that because i believe God gave them a soul because he made them just like he made us. nothing can give that much love for so little and not have a soul.
Amen to that! I prefer spending time with my dogs more than most people - they have pure souls! The best part of my day is walking the dogs with my wife.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

People Like This 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:49 AM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 362 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 157

I absolutely love dogs. Only dogs that are useful so sorry to all the purse dogs. German shepherds, Huskies, labs are about the only dogs I would want. I just can't get over how such a companion they are. They will never leave your side. They are amazing creatures that we are truly blessed with. And to the people that abuse them, shame on you.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I would almost be willing to import coyotes to my neighborhood just to get rid of these GD cats.
I hate cats. I am sorry but dogs are better. #TeamDog

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #119
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21582 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver35 View Post
Amen to that! I prefer spending time with my dogs more than most people - they have pure souls! The best part of my day is walking the dogs with my wife.
they ask for so little in return and give so much! they are so loyal if treated right and given love and attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molonlabexx View Post
I absolutely love dogs. Only dogs that are useful so sorry to all the purse dogs. German shepherds, Huskies, labs are about the only dogs I would want. I just can't get over how such a companion they are. They will never leave your side. They are amazing creatures that we are truly blessed with. And to the people that abuse them, shame on you.
i was always more of a larger dog kind of person myself for many years, but some of the strays that have been dumped along the road in front our house have been smaller breeds. my best sidekick dog Sparky is a Shih Tzu and the other one is Lil Bit a Chihuahua that was barely a couple of months old when we found her. they have become very much part of our family and i have grown very attached to them. both of these two were dumped and both were very much abused and neglected. both were in very poor shape and had we not taken them in, i seriously doubt they would have lasted much longer, due to coyotes and bad weather conditions.

Amen to shame on those that abuse animals.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
they ask for so little in return and give so much! they are so loyal if treated right and given love and attention.

i was always more of a larger dog kind of person myself for many years, but some of the strays that have been dumped along the road in front our house have been smaller breeds. my best sidekick dog Sparky is a Shih Tzu and the other one is Lil Bit a Chihuahua that was barely a couple of months old when we found her. they have become very much part of our family and i have grown very attached to them. both of these two were dumped and both were very much abused and neglected. both were in very poor shape and had we not taken them in, i seriously doubt they would have lasted much longer, due to coyotes and bad weather conditions.

Amen to shame on those that abuse animals.
Glad you were able to be a hero to them! Good job. I am basically saying, a dog that does not benefit you that you just feed and it does nothing, I really don't see the point. Now I believe in training them and companionizing them! Don't worry guys I love all dogs but just am biased towards the more worker type dogs. Either way, dogs are awesome