The Dog ! - Page 11
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > The Dog !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'm also looking forward to "Glory Hounds'. Military, police and other service animals fascinate and move me. They give so much and ask so little--but that's the nature of most dogs, I think.

I believe anyone who abuses a dog should be sentenced to be treated exactly the same way. But then I'm pretty primitive in some ways, and think that about a lot of crimes.

"Don't let macho be your epitaph."
---Ed Lovette

People Like This 
Old 02-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #102
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3704 Times on 2052 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldazagged View Post
I'm also looking forward to "Glory Hounds'. Military, police and other service animals fascinate and move me. They give so much and ask so little--but that's the nature of most dogs, I think.

I believe anyone who abuses a dog should be sentenced to be treated exactly the same way. But then I'm pretty primitive in some ways, and think that about a lot of crimes.
Nothing wrong with that. I feel that way about anyone who mistreats someone or something that can't/won't fight back. But I have my reasons for that

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-16-2013, 09:02 PM   #103
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

most pets ask for so little in return. a little love and affection, food and shelter, some attention and they are loyal to the end. perhaps some people could learn something from an animal!

i give all my dogs and cats love and attention and they return it ten times! people who would mistreat or abuse an animal are seriously in need of an azz whooping.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:52 PM   #104
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 264 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 88

I've posted this before, but want to again. The boxer was a starving foundling and the gold one was a rescue (a nose sticking out of the Sunday paper). They have never had a argument and share everything including our love. They are getting old now (12 and 16), as are we. I will have to go on meds when they pass. If I can arrange it, they will pass in their own home.

image-2771869423.jpg   image-1957232944.jpg   image-1173821683.jpg  

May the Force be with you.
An armed society is a polite society - Robert Heinlein
A Gun-Free-Zone is nothing more than a hunting preserve for wackos.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 01:36 AM   #105
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
I've posted this before, but want to again. The boxer was a starving foundling and the gold one was a rescue (a nose sticking out of the Sunday paper). They have never had a argument and share everything including our love. They are getting old now (12 and 16), as are we. I will have to go on meds when they pass. If I can arrange it, they will pass in their own home.
That would be nice. My first dog moved to a farm in Wyoming... At least that's what my Dad told me. I still miss him.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #106
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Jgoertz, they are good looking dogs! huge respect for those people who take in a stray or a rescue dog and make it part of the family and give them a second chance.

i see there are many here who have rescued and taken in strays and given them a better life. well people, i have huge amounts of respect for you for doing this.

Old 02-17-2013, 01:23 PM   #107
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

All three of my dogs were "used" dogs. One from the shelter and the other two who bought their puppies "impulse buy" from a pet shop that sells puppies then 6 months down the road decide they don't like having a dog. One of my "puppy mill/pet shop/ dogs has some health issues due to poor breeding. She has hip dysplasia and has some "neurotic issues". She spins and she has certain triggers that make her spin. I have to tell her to "Stop". If you click on the "neurotic issues" above, it will connect you to a link.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-17-2013 at 01:29 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #108
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
All three of my dogs were "used" dogs. One from the shelter and the other two who bought their puppies "impulse buy" from a pet shop that sells puppies then 6 months down the road decide they don't like having a dog. One of my "puppy mill/pet shop/ dogs has some health issues due to poor breeding. She has hip dysplasia and has some "neurotic issues". She spins and she has certain triggers that make her spin. I have to tell her to "Stop". If you click on the "neurotic issues" above, it will connect you to a link.
That's interesting. I have a friend who adopted a little puppy that was hit by a car, even though it's leg is better it still will only walk on three legs sometimes.

Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #109
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
That's interesting. I have a friend who adopted a little puppy that was hit by a car, even though it's leg is better it still will only walk on three legs sometimes.
It probably has pain from time to time. My little Pug is very well built in the shoulders and has almost no muscle mass in her hips. She also has a curved spine from the way she walks. She puts almost no weight on her back legs. She uses them but you can tell by her body composition she relies on her front legs much more when moving about. I have even see her take a few steps on just her front legs when finishing urinating. Sometimes my little Pug stumbles in the back end.

Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #110
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldazagged View Post

I can't wait for glory hounds! It's about time our canine soldiers got some well deserved spotlight. I can't believe it took all this time (till recently) to get them off the "equipment: other" list. That was shameful.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
axxe55 Likes This