Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Does anyone hunt wearing tactical gear?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #1
Hdq
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default Does anyone hunt wearing tactical gear?

I am an armed security guard for a company and I bought my own equipment for the job tactical boots tactical pants tactical vest ect.. Anyways I want to get more into hunting but I am just starting out and dont have the money for the nice camoflauge from real tree the or the money for a beautifal rifle and the nice buck knife and all that if I were to go hunting id look like a swat team officer in the foresst lol what do you wear while hunting?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Here you damned well better be wearing blaze orange!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

alsaqr Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #3

Liked 1060 Times on 685 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Where I hunt, the game really doesn't seem to mind what you wear, or whether you carry a Gerber or a cheap butcher knife. Who knows, Southern game may not be as fashion conscious as game in other places.

On the other hand, I have seen cammo trucks, boats, scopes, underware (I guess that is in case you are having a BM when the deer shows up) bathing suits, even diapers, sheets, and pajamas. I assume that others think the cammo thing is important. My wife has taken two deer with her car, and it doesn't have a spot of green on it.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

kryptar19 Likes This 
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #4

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 67

tac knife aint gonna do you a bit of good unless you jump out of a tree and cut that deer or hogs throat and birds? thay fly to fast. vest pants boots might impress your buds at the range(ya right) but game dont see that crap

Old 09-02-2012, 02:23 AM   #5

Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 67

sorry didnt answer your question jeans, carhot coat, and llbean boots in the winter . shorts and tshirt for dove. the only time i dress is for trap or clays tourneys

Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 AM   #6

Liked 1050 Times on 723 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

No................

When all else fails.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:43 AM   #7

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I wear my navy field parka when its cold, and sometimes my boonie cap. My under standing is most animals are color blind anyway and respond mainly to movement. If youre gonna wear your tactical gear, make sure you add some blaze orange, so some noob doesnt shoot you thinkinh youre a sasquarch.

Oh yeah and remember, the scarriest thing youll ever encounter while hunting is another hunter, especially a stupid one.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:48 AM   #8

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

I ussually wear usgi issue 9" boots, cuase they are comfortable to walk in, and they keep the stickers ojt of youre socks, and the navy gavethem to me for free :-)

Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8305 Times on 3588 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Serious answer- depends on the weather. Like the man said- dove hunting, T shirt, shorts, sneakers. It is HOT out there!

Deer season? Usually jeans, couple of layers over that (get cool if still hunting) pair of boots- jungle or jump, depending on how wet it is. GOOD SOX. May have gloves in cold weather- cap with a brim for sun control.

And except for Turkey season, you MUST be wearing blaze orange here. There are NO blaze orange animals. Check the Game commission website in your state.

I used to wear tactical gear, camo up all exposed skin, use a veil and/or a ghille suit- but that was when I was hunting people, and vice versa. The Army let me retire, and I don't need that for Bambi.

Knife? Yeah, have the usual assortments, including K-Bars and a Gerber Mk 1. What I take deer hunting is a sharp, heavy bladed 3 inch pocket knife. Enough to field dress a deer.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:31 PM   #10

Liked 1628 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 1086

I went elk hunting last year for the first time. Everyone had camo on. I had some too. But I already owned it. I am also a paintballer. If I didn't already own it, there is no way I would spend a bunch of cash on camo clothing when I wear a blaze orange hat and vest. People do it though.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Closed Thread