Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   diesel soaked corn for hogs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/diesel-soaked-corn-hogs-35297/)

powg 12-07-2010 12:48 PM

diesel soaked corn for hogs

here in east tx some people have been soaking corn in diesel ,for baiting hogs.....so coons wont eat it all. this practice imo is stupid. yes they might eat it but the effects of the diesel will be there after the corn is gone ....please dont try this , contaminating a hunting area is ethically wrong ,let alone ''illegal'' if you lease your property. if you own your piece of heaven,you can do what you will, but that buck of a lifetime will probably shy away from this area thats been ''dieselized ''

SHSBulldog06 12-07-2010 10:48 PM

Now that just seems like that would be a waste of meat to me and a waste of expensive diesel, I would think it would taste funny if they ate it. But I'm with you so I'd be against it too.

freefall 12-08-2010 03:13 AM

Hogs will eat corn soaked in Diesel fuel?? I have trouble believing that.

alsaqr 12-08-2010 11:58 AM

Yep, some guys put diesel on the corn to "prevent the coons from eating it". My hog hunting friend just had to try it too. He put one quart of diesel in about 100 pounds of corn and the hogs refused to eat it.

cpttango30 12-08-2010 12:15 PM

Not only is that stupid it is wrong on so many different levels.

1. trying to poison animals is wrong and in many cases illegal.
2. Waste of good diesel which is costly.
3. Pollutes the area.

Who ever is doing this needs to be kicked in the junk till it turns black falls off then it should be shoved in their mouth.

suprdave 12-08-2010 12:43 PM

This is the dumbest thing I've read in a LOOOONG time. I hope the Fish and wildlife service finds out about this, and really lets these guys have it. When you set corn out, there are other creatures that are going to eat that corn, too. NOT JUST YOUR TARGET ANIMAL! DEAL WITH IT!

PTsouthpaw 12-08-2010 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 399267)
Not only is that stupid it is wrong on so many different levels.

1. trying to poison animals is wrong and in many cases illegal.
2. Waste of good diesel which is costly.
3. Pollutes the area.

Who ever is doing this needs to be kicked in the junk till it turns black falls off then it should be shoved in their mouth.

Yeah, what Tango said...

birdie 12-08-2010 02:41 PM

Man wild hog that taste like the tailpipe of my dodge uhmuhm good! He did say east texas!

birdie 12-08-2010 02:46 PM

Well we feed the hogs deer snd coons, then shoot the coons and hunt cyotes off their little dead carcuses, now that is recycling!

dog2000tj 12-08-2010 02:51 PM

To the folks that are practicing this stupid method, might I suggest you cease to hunt? You set a bad example as hunters, outdoors-men and human beings in general. :mad:

and +100 for what Tango said ;)