Deer Thief! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Deer Thief!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #11
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1762 Times on 981 Posts
Likes Given: 5341

The only one that I have heard about is where a guy on foot, was arguing that the deer was his. The other guy, with the horseback hunters, tried his best to let him know that, indeed, it WAS NOT his deer. The first guy was pretty adamant, the second guy finally gave in, and asked if he could, at least, remove the saddle.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #12
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2564 Times on 1252 Posts
Likes Given: 1287

Some Thieves are dumber than you think. One time we had a burglar fleeing that had those lights in the heels of his tennis! "Fact! Evidently something had been wrong with the lighting with normal walking but when he started running the lights started working. He was caught but chased for three blocks. The shift commander was on the radio wanting to know how the officer who was about 25-30 yards behind him on that dark night could keep him in sight. Laughter actually broke out on the radio when the officer reported " Breathing hard from the foot chase advised "Because he has lights in the heels of his shoes"!
Some other ones entered the front door in the front lobby of a Bank on a Saturday morning! Only to find the inner door going into the Bank was locked it was 8:55 AM. The Banks front doors opened at 9:00AM. Which the teller hit the alarm and they were both caught in the parking lot of the shopping center before they could drive out! So you are probably correct but you can not count on them being logical or intelligent! Hope you find them!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 11-24-2012, 06:38 PM   #13

Liked 2465 Times on 1600 Posts

I've heard of many instances of deer getting stolen. It usually happens in the woods, when someone goes to get a vehicle to get their deer. They come back, and all they find is their tag.
A hunter at work just told me last week of trailing a buck onto an adjoining property, and the landowners wouldn't let him retrieve it. The landowner then bragged about this monster buck he bagged. Legal, yes, so he was powerless to do anything about it.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #14
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21585 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
I've heard of many instances of deer getting stolen. It usually happens in the woods, when someone goes to get a vehicle to get their deer. They come back, and all they find is their tag.
A hunter at work just told me last week of trailing a buck onto an adjoining property, and the landowners wouldn't let him retrieve it. The landowner then bragged about this monster buck he bagged. Legal, yes, so he was powerless to do anything about it.
as you put it legal yes. he should have gotten in touch with the game warden and informed them. in the state of Texas, IIRC, and unless they changed the laws, you could retrieve a dead deer from anothers property if it was killed on your property or lease. also IIRC, you could not go onto the other persons property armed though to retrieve it.

Old 11-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #15

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
We have had this happen in the past where a deer was shot on our property but died on another persons property. We always offered half the deer to the property owner and never had an issue. Most times the property owner said no thanks and everyone went on their way.

Old 11-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #16

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I would like to add that it has happened in reverse as well where a deer shot on an adjoining property had died on ours. We always let them retrieve the deer.

Now if people are running dogs and spook a deer that runs on our property and we shoot it? Thanks.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
as you put it legal yes. he should have gotten in touch with the game warden and informed them. in the state of Texas, IIRC, and unless they changed the laws, you could retrieve a dead deer from anothers property if it was killed on your property or lease. also IIRC, you could not go onto the other persons property armed though to retrieve it.
Here in IN its tough $H!T, if the landowner wont give permission, your SOL!

This is EXACTLY why i hang my deer in the garage.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 11-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #18

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

I had my first deer stolen from me. I got over it. That hunter was about to become the hunted though.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity