Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Deer, moose, elk antlers........ (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/deer-moose-elk-antlers-61056/)

winds-of-change 03-25-2012 04:18 PM

Deer, moose, elk antlers........

I would like to give my dogs some antlers to chew on. Does anyone have any pieces of antler, any size, that they have no use for? I would be willing to pay for the antler and the shipping. Or I could trade some empty brass if you are a reloader.

mountainman13 03-25-2012 05:54 PM

It is illegal in many states to sell any part of an animal without proper licensing.

winds-of-change 03-25-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13 (Post 751311)
It is illegal in many states to sell any part of an animal without proper licensing.

Oh, okay. I didn't know that. Nevermind. :D

hotrodz32 03-25-2012 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I would like to give my dogs some antlers to chew on. Does anyone have any pieces of antler, any size, that they have no use for? I would be willing to pay for the antler and the shipping. Or I could trade some empty brass if you are a reloader.

Antlers or mounts are not illegal to sell they make a lot of different things out of them including dog chews lamps ect check eBay thousands on there

mountainman13 03-25-2012 08:45 PM

Just because it is sold on eBay doesn't make it legal. According to your logic because Craigslist had hookers then prostitution is legal. Look up laws not the biggest seller fraud sites in the world. Einstein.

mountainman13 03-25-2012 09:01 PM

(A)ny wild animal,whether alive or dead, including without limitation any wild mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, mollusk, crustacean, arthropod, coelenterate, or other invertebrate, whether or not bred, hatched, or born in captivity, and includes any part, product, egg or offspring thereof. [FN185]

That is directly from federal law.

Again go back to my original response.

It is also illegal in many states to possess parts of animals that you didn't kill yourself with a valid license. In fact in some states you can be prosecuted for picking up roadkill.

Durangokid 03-25-2012 09:11 PM

The last thng you want to give your dog to chew is an antler. The antlers chip when chewed. This causes terrible digestive problems in a dog. Small dogs can choke. My setter 80 lbs. gets more gas than you can stand. I live in area covered with antler sheds. My problem is keeping them away from the dogs.:(

hotrodz32 03-25-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
(A)ny wild animal,whether alive or dead, including without limitation any wild mammal, bird, reptile, amphibian, fish, mollusk, crustacean, arthropod, coelenterate, or other invertebrate, whether or not bred, hatched, or born in captivity, and includes any part, product, egg or offspring thereof. [FN185]

That is directly from federal law.

Again go back to my original response.

It is also illegal in many states to possess parts of animals that you didn't kill yourself with a valid license. In fact in some states you can be prosecuted for picking up roadkill.

Well I guess that makes Buck Knives, Case Knives, Eagle Handgun Grips and who knows how many other makers of knives and grips in violation of federal law. Thought you were a mountain man go to Dixie Gun Works bet they have something made with antlers

mountainman13 03-25-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Are you illiterate or just a jackass?

State laws vary and they have licenses.

And yes I am a mountain man and it is illegal for me to sell any of the antlers or claws or raw or treated hides from my hunting.

hotrodz32 03-25-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Are you illiterate or just a jackass?

State laws vary and they have licenses.

And yes I am a mountain man and it is illegal for me to sell any of the antlers or claws or raw or treated hides from my hunting.

Yep and fffg powder blows muzzleloaders up in your face if you want to see a jackass look in the mirror