Deer of a Different Color! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Deer of a Different Color!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 173 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 75

Probably browsed and grazed too close to one of the nuclear power plants.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:19 AM   #22

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by powg
would in-breeding cause the lack of brow tines ? i know that Anticosty Island off of nova scotia has a very high density of deer per square mile ...the bucks there have little or no brow tines too !
Antler growth is all about genetics, an nutrition. Hard climates an food sources that suffer also cause decreased antler growth.

Old 01-23-2012, 04:21 AM   #23

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Antler growth is all about genetics, an nutrition. Hard climates an food sources that suffer also cause decreased antler growth.
Also anticosty deer have a limited gene pool w no new blood added as you have here in the states

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 01-23-2012, 04:55 AM   #24

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

I would harvest one if I had seen them. All eats the same and could make some nifty stuff with the pelts.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #25

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

I never ate any of the 'albino' deer. I was told it was very different tasting meat than the local whitetail 'outside' the fencelines. I don't know how much of that I believe but everyone I shot or saw shot up there had tumor growths on them, so I donated everything I harvested. I heard they were more prone to diseases.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:00 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
I never ate any of the 'albino' deer. I was told it was very different tasting meat than the local whitetail 'outside' the fencelines. I don't know how much of that I believe but everyone I shot or saw shot up there had tumor growths on them, so I donated everything I harvested. I heard they were more prone to diseases.
My brother killed a piebald couple yrs ago didnt taste any different that normal color deer did

Old 01-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #27

its deer meat. they eat the same stuff as "normal deer" they would taste the same. too many people believe in stupid wives tales. and if the meat was all tumored why would you donate it? why not chop it for dog meat or bury it or let a game warden know. maybe use it as coyote bait?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:21 PM   #28

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Cause the whole point of the hunt was to remove the deer. So they had someone accepting deer for donations. Couple people kept their meat. I didnt but I also didn't believe the 'wives' tails, as I stated, about the taste difference. and at that particular time I had more meat in my freezer than I needed so I donated mine because that's what I went out there to do. the growths, again, I don't really think would affect the meat aside from the localized tumor, so what they did with it was their business. We inbreed animals for food production every day, it can't be different.

Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That is pretty neat! It's like the creamy filling is on the outside.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:52 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Woody
Cause the whole point of the hunt was to remove the deer. So they had someone accepting deer for donations. Couple people kept their meat. I didnt but I also didn't believe the 'wives' tails, as I stated, about the taste difference. and at that particular time I had more meat in my freezer than I needed so I donated mine because that's what I went out there to do. the growths, again, I don't really think would affect the meat aside from the localized tumor, so what they did with it was their business. We inbreed animals for food production every day, it can't be different.
I have killed normal deer that had tumors on them had it tested by dow they said they were cancer growths no trans to humans kinda made me think a lil but hell the grill was hot an yep they ate just fine ( no we didnt eat the tumors )