Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Critter control poll

View Poll Results: Death or life?
Kill it deader than Sean Penn's career 29 87.88%
Live trap and relocate 4 12.12%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum View Post
a Muskrat scared the hell out of Me when it came to a sitting position between my legs working the night shift.
Never heard of a muskrat working the night shift before, but I guess everyone's doing what they have to these days to make ends meet.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Muskrat love

Give the man a cigar. I should have edited before I jumped into the pond wit da little rat. Most of them rats do work the nite shift. God Bless you all, Wills in da Swamp in La.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:41 PM   #23

A good sport you are!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #24

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I had a whole colony living at a pond about 50 feet from my Bathroom window. Every time I sat on the throne I would open the window and chamber a round in the 572 that I kept there for that reason. I thought there was only one but took 8 out of there in as many days. I have absolutely no regrets. 22LR hollow points so they don't crawl back to the water and die.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #25

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

No question, no hesitation.....

bang-.jpg  

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:35 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Muskrats can pose some real problems if your pond has a dam. They burrow into the bank and can cause dam failure.
If it is a natural pond the bank burrowing will cause no problem.

montveil in the NC mountains
Salute
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:24 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by montveil View Post
They burrow into the bank and can cause dam failure.
That's a dam shame. Dam muskrats.