Coyotes ect. - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyotes ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Default You do the math.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
Is there a news story about someone loosing a child to coyotes? Is the even a single documented proven case of this happening? If so, I would greatly appreciate a link.
Do a little research and you will find a slew of documented attacks and killings by these agressive animals. Just ask 19 year old Taylor Mitchell, oh you can't, she died from an attack by the same animal you want to protect....

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #62
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1977 Times on 1071 Posts
Likes Given: 587

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1509933343001/coyote-attacks-three-residents-in-arizona/http://www.coyotehuntinginfo.com/coyote-attacks.php
http://www.varmintal.com/attac.htm
This took about 3 minutes on google search.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #63

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by willshoum

Do a little research and you will find a slew of documented attacks and killings by these agressive animals. Just ask 19 year old Taylor Mitchell, oh you can't, she died from an attack by the same animal you want to protect....
Just for the record, I never said I wanted to protect them, I just aked why they were so hated. And further, earlier in this thread I stated I was convinced of the need to control the coyote population via killing them.

Sheesh.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #64

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Just for the record, I never said I wanted to protect them, I just aked why they were so hated. And further, earlier in this thread I stated I was convinced of the need to control the coyote population via killing them.

Sheesh.
It is always tough with text. Sarcasm is the best example, some people get it some people don't. Half the time I read comments I think, what did he really mean by that. I look at your comments and can go either way with some, you just never hear the tone or see the expression on the face. For the most part it is best to shoot and ask questions later. LOL

Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #65
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1884 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 2123

Default Why the killing.......

Quote:

Sheesh.
Something is wrong here, why did the Buffalo hunters wipe out 60 million animals, why are are bears hunted just for the thrill of killing, why do cattlemen hate those that prey on cattle, or sheep herders around the world, Lest we forget, it was Man that took this same animal out of the wild and taught him how to protect the very same animals that he killed in the wild to suvive.......Sheep dogs will kill those that he is breed to defend and herd........Wolves mostly prey on the weak, so do coyotes, what is at its weakest if not a child or person without a defence......When over population occurs and mixes with Humans, the out come will be to thin out the populace....... Same thing with mother nature when she decides it time to get rid of OVER POPULATION.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-17-2012, 03:19 AM   #66

Liked 205 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Quote:
given that predators tend to kill the weakest of the herd, so they wouldn't have lasted the winters anyway...
Not true, they are killing the weakest yes, the young and new-born. This will reduce the future stock of their kills for many, many years and depleat any chance of recovery that those animals might have had.

Quote:
why did the Buffalo hunters wipe out 60 million animals,
So the food stock and supplies of the Native Americans would be destroyed and kill off all the tribes (worked didn't it) and the railroads could take their lands without a fight. (duha)

Quote:
Same thing with mother nature when she decides it time to get rid of OVER POPULATION.......
Already happening, 230,000 dead in southwest asia, 36,000 dead or missing in Japan, not sure how many are starving in Africa, me I am waiting for California to catch theirs, that will reduce the population quite a bit, 2 or 3 million I would say.

Jim

Oh, it's not going to happen you say, well the black death took half the population of Europe and the Spanish Flu 20 Million dead worldwide.

Last edited by bigjim; 04-17-2012 at 03:27 AM.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:45 PM   #67

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

When they come in and affect your lively hood than I guess I see killing them although it is simply a case of acquiring the easiest food, I understand defending your livelihood. Introducing them in a place they aren’t historically supposed to be is not a good practice either. Encroachment on them is an unfortunate byproduct of having to share the planet with us, people are going to protect their family and themselves.

Wolves regulate coyote populations and they regulate each other’s population along with disease. Everything in the forest benefits from the wolves kills, other than human hunters but if you were a starving human forager you would benefit as well.
When it comes to hunting, quit being a bunch of titty babies. Go out and hunt against them or with them or around them as the natives did with bows…..Bow’s ! Very few people HAVE to hunt any more to sustain life and the ones that do don’t mind wolves because they understand the way of the wild. Just because some camoed out spoiled warm hobby hunter didn’t get that nice rack to impress their friends with they blame wolves. They blame wolves because hunting is no longer shooting fish in a barrel and actually requires some skill and dedication.

Yes I hunt, don’t have anything against it but I don’t eat dog meat and if they out hunt me so be it, I certainly am not going to peruse them because I am butt hurt over it. I like a nice set of bones as much as the next guy, but the issue is so beat to death here in the PNW that we just need to move on and deal with it, change tactics and just live with it, it’s a done deal at this point. When they start reporting about human families dying off because they couldn’t outcompete wolves for their dinner than I say let’s go thin them out, for the rest of you trophy hunters I called the waaaaaaambulance for you