Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyotes ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Tire

The elk were dismantled is a circle. The cougar will hide it. The wolves dismantle in a circle. I watched this when they were protected. You don't know anything about what you are talking about. Fish and Game doesn't have the budget to count them all.
Actualy, I do know what I'm talking about, because I understand math. You know what your talking about, because you clearly understand a wolf pack kill. To quote Ronald Reagan, we can disagree without being disagreeable.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #42

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
Actualy, I do know what I'm talking about, because I understand math. You know what your talking about, because you clearly understand a wolf pack kill. To quote Ronald Reagan, we can disagree without being disagreeable.
You came into a "Hunting" forum telling people it's not right to kill predators. Why ?? What is the point ??

Old 04-12-2012, 07:01 PM   #43

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Even if you double the estimate for elk killed by wolves in yellowstone, that's 1800 call it 2000, that's 6% or so of the total 30k population. A very sustainable number.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Even if you double the estimate for elk killed by wolves in yellowstone, that's 1800 call it 2000, that's 6% or so of the total 30k population. A very sustainable number.
Yellowstone has nothing to do with the real world. It is a National Park. What is the point of bringing up Yellowstone ???

Old 04-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #45

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

You came into a "Hunting" forum telling people it's not right to kill predators. Why ?? What is the point ??
I didn't tell people that, I asked why, and further questioned the given answered. I've even gone so far as to say I don't think your bad people for doing. Frankly, I like your answer best, because it's at least honest. "because it's fun" is a good reason to me to do a lot of things. Because it's fun is why I'm in my chosen trade.

My only point here is that killing wolves is not nesesarry, given the reasons people claim for doing it. Coyotes might be a different, I've not seen enough hard data on that yet.

I came on a hunting forum because I'm interested in hunting, I've done so in the past, but I've never fully butchered a deer, and I've not yet killed a turkey with a bow, though it's my goal to do so

Old 04-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #46

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:

Yellowstone has nothing to do with the real world. It is a National Park. What is the point of bringing up Yellowstone ???
Because it's a place where hard data can be found. As to it having nothing to do with the real world, well that's like saying dropping a lead weight in a lab has no bearing on wether or not gravity works in your back yard...

Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #47

Quote:
Because it's a place where hard data can be found. As to it having nothing to do with the real world, well that's like saying dropping a lead weight in a lab has no bearing on wether or not gravity works in your back yard...
There is no hunting in Yellowstone---- so the data isn't apples to apples. Therefore it doesn't have any relation.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #48

Quote:
I didn't tell people that, I asked why, and further questioned the given answered. I've even gone so far as to say I don't think your bad people for doing.
You said it in post #9

Quote:
Again, that's a money reason, a product of an unsustainable economic system, and to me does not justify killing an animal. Now, if you catch em in the act, that would be another story, but I'm sure that would be too much work
To catch them in the act means you find tracks around the kill. Then when you see the coyote come back you kill it.

Old 04-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #49

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I'm sorry, but how is me sharing my personal opinion the same as telling other what to do?

Old 04-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #50

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTire
I'm sorry, but how is me sharing my personal opinion the same as telling other what to do?
If I say that to me, keystone light is awesome beer, does that mean I'm saying your wrong for not drinking it? Sheesh