Coyotes ect. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyotes ect.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTire View Post
I don't hunt anymore as it's just too damn expensive. I have nothing against hunting per se, I've skinned several bucks and plucked many greenheads.

As I stated at the beginning, it was an honest question.

As to pro lifers sticking their nose in, last I checked we live in a representative democracy, and all get a say in how our wild lands are handled.

Anyway, the stuff said has gotten me to look up some numbers, and yes with the available habitat, hunting is needed. I just wish there was a better way. If i had to kill em, I wouldn't be happy about it
Hey Fat Tire, we are all good, everyone has a right to say there thing. My only point about the Pro-Lifers is you can't protect a killer (the wolf) by telling me I can't hunt him. That just doesn't make any sense.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:17 PM   #22

Liked 2570 Times on 1671 Posts

I rarely see coyotes, when I do I don't have a gun on me. Hearing them at night is a regularity. Many times (last week even) I've heard them less than 100 yards from my front door,a pack attacking and the wailing of an animal dying. I run out with a rifle and a light but they are gone. Night vision is on my list but too much money. I considered selling some guns to fund it but can't bring myself to. :-(

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 04-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #23

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Man around here does not eat dog, so why should they be here to eat what we eat ? My point has nothing to do with money . Now Im all for eating what I kill but it wont be a yotes if you want to eatem , I will gladly send them your way . We have few turkeys , pheasants, and quail here in IL due to our four legged friends eating eggs and the species above . I find alot of fawns in the spring dead on our property , this isnt from disease or weak , I have trail cam pics of tons and tons of coyotes around here . Ever sit in a tree stand and watch and listen to a pack of them ? I happens every day Im in the stand during deer season . If you dont recover a animal the same day hunting it you will find the yotes have devoured it within 8 hrs of shooting .

Old 04-12-2012, 05:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Yes I have, as I said I have nothing against hunting, have done so myself, and likely will again.

Sheesh what is with you guys? If someone asks a question you don't have to get wadded panties over it...

It seems to me that wolf, bear, and coyote hunting is just another necessary evil in a deeply flawed system.

If I thought you guys were bad people for doing it, I wouldn't have asked.
I don't think it is a "necessary evil" and I don't see a "deeply flawed system". Idaho Fish and Game does a good job. It is the outside groups raising money in New York City that is the problem. Let Idaho manage Idaho.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Yes, the wolf is a killer, for me that's part of what makes them such a truly awesome animal to behold. I'm sure smarter men than me could figure out a way to keep the balance without hunting predatory animals to extinction.

Sadly, it just always gets so divisive that we end up with policies that few are happy with.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Yes, the wolf is a killer, for me that's part of what makes them such a truly awesome animal to behold. I'm sure smarter men than me could figure out a way to keep the balance without hunting predatory animals to extinction.

Sadly, it just always gets so divisive that we end up with policies that few are happy with.
This issue is either black or white. So few people have a grey point of view. Very emotional.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I see and hear coyotes daily too. I also see deer, pheasant, turkey daily. I live in a small town in rural northern California, and have most of my life. I once saw a deer chasing a coyote, it was hilarious.

Flat, I hope you don't mind if I just see things differently than you.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:34 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

The system I was referring to wasn't DF&G, but rather the underlying corporate banking system... But that's a whole other pot of boiling beans

Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #29

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
I see and hear coyotes daily too. I also see deer, pheasant, turkey daily. I live in a small town in rural northern California, and have most of my life. I once saw a deer chasing a coyote, it was hilarious.

Flat, I hope you don't mind if I just see things differently than you.
No problem man , everyone has their difference of opinion and I respect that , and things are different across the country side . Now I have video of a doe protecting a fawn from a neighboring dog so it doesnt surprise me that you saw one chasing a coyote off , them does can get mean when you get around their fawns .

Old 04-12-2012, 06:08 PM   #30

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatTire
Hmmm, that explanation doesn't seem to make sense, given that predators tend to kill the weakest of the herd, so they wouldn't have lasted the winters anyway...
They kill the weakest FIRST, I'll give you that. However, "weakest" by no means equals "unviable".