Coyotes - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyotes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 03:02 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Coyotes

The only good Coyote is a dead coyote. In Cape Breton back a few years ago a young lady was attacked and killed by a coyote . So believe me when I say I will kill one with anything thing I have, Don't care if I have to run them over with the truck.

Here in Nova Scotia they are fair game 365 days a year especially if they are a threat to your domestic animals , livestock and/or Human life.

Hardluk1 is right, check local gun clubs or Lands and forest (Wildlife Services) for guys that can help take care of the problem, and whether you realize it or not you have a big problem.

Electronic calls work great, you can call a coyote in and keep his attention on the remote speaker as you are putting the bead on him, Don't know the layout of where you are but if you have a barn with a loft , sit in there with a electronic call out in front of you and they won't even hear the shot (Hopefully). Camouflage yourself

If you are going to try and snare them, make sure you have rubber gloves on when handling the snares and bait. 1 sniff of human and they won't touch as a rule.

Any small children ? Don't let them out by themselves !! myself I would keep a firearm close by .

There has been reports of Wolves here in Nova Scotia, one of the siting's was my brother and Uncle . and the other was my Wife's uncle.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:38 AM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I never realized how rampant coyotes were until I started doing agricultural work. If u just live in town and don't get out in the country much u won't see them. Driving the roads between ranches it's guaranteed you see at least 1 a week. I saw one a few days ago eating a sheep just outside the city limits.

If u want to predator hunt, make some connections with local property owners like farmers. If you seem responsible and polite they may let u hunt them on their property. Not only do they kill pets and young farm animals, they also chew through irrigation lines in vineyards. Plus they keep deer populations down which is bad for us hunters