Coyote Rifles - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyote Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2012, 12:34 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sksmerc

what kind of range and groupings out of it. my friend has one but its set up for close combat kind of
At 100 yards I'm getting about 1/2 sub MOA. Haven't done too much ranging, I usually keep it around 3-400 yards and that's about a fist size group with a 3-9x40 scope

Old 01-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropinfool View Post
All started cuz the dirty sucker was doing it to everyone else. He still thinks its one of his buddy's getting him back.
Thats awesome ha

Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShagNasty1001 View Post
At 100 yards I'm getting about 1/2 sub MOA. Haven't done too much ranging, I usually keep it around 3-400 yards and that's about a fist size group with a 3-9x40 scope
sounds like perfect coyote rifle and just a fun shooter. in the process of building a ak-74 but after that i need to invest in a AR. you seem happy with the s&w how much you spend on the barrel if you don't mind me asking

Old 01-23-2012, 03:40 AM   #24

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I actually traded my 16" upper it came with and it's Yankee Hill hand guard along with 100 bucks at a gun show. The guy had a few more going for about 700 or so

Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 AM   #25
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2141 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
How does coyote taste? Anything like dog?

And who wants a fur coat out of coyote?

If you have a sheep ranch, and the coyotes are costing you money, you would probably be more efficient using a baited trap. Traps never sleep.

... unless you actually plan to eat them, or make their pelts into coats.

Otherwise they are not worth the cost of reloading a high power round to bag them with.

Coyotes serve the niche of varmint control in nature, for smaller varmints, such as mice, rats, ground hogs, etc. If you plan to take over their jobs (as varminters) then you are going to spend a lot of money on ammo.

Coyotes are similar to hawks and falcons, in their environmental role.

If you just enjoy killing things, then the USMC has a great program waiting for you. Sign up and volunteer for Afghanistan. Then you can kill armed rags, in a fair gunfight. Ever thought about it?
Do you live in an agricultural area?

Every farmer I know hates coyotes and wants them gone. They are a pest and destroy livestock as well as family pets.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #26
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
You're wasting expensive bullets.
Did you actually read my post? Wow, I'm flattered!

My wife and I both do most of our early coyote hunting during our state's bow hunting season. The rifles and shotguns are used after bow season, as is the muzzle loader. Aproximately half of the coyotes I have taken were taken with my bow. I can reuse my arrows, so please explain to me why you feel I am wasting expensive ammo. You are not the one paying for it.

Coyotes have caused economic losses on all three of the farms we hunt on. Goats, rabbits, chickens, pigs, and family pets have been lost to them several times over the last 7 years. One of the farmers raises animals to feed his family, The other two are selling what they produce to pay their bills. Every animal taken down by the coyotes is more hardship to pay those bills, as they then have to raise double the cost of the lost animal and the expenses acrued in it's care. Our ammo cost is what we pay for all three of our hunting leases, and a way of helping out people who might as well be part of my family. One of many ways we do so.

I am not looking for an arguement, and do not wish to start a fight but, if you are so anti hunting, why are you posting on a hunting sub forum? Live and let live man. That's what I try to do.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 01-24-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Old 01-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
Did you actually read my post? Wow, I'm flattered!

My wife and I both do most of our early coyote hunting during our state's bow hunting season. The rifles and shotguns are used after bow season, as is the muzzle loader. Aproximately half of the coyotes I have taken were taken with my bow. I can reuse my arrows, so please explain to me why you feel I am wasting expensive ammo. You are not the one paying for it.

Coyotes have caused economic losses on all three of the farms we hunt on. Goats, rabbits, chickens, pigs, and family pets have been lost to them several times over the last 7 years. One of the farmers raises animals to feed his family, The other two are selling what they produce to pay their bills. Every animal taken down by the coyotes is more hardship to pay those bills, as they then have to raise double the cost of the lost animal and the expenses acrued in it's care. Our ammo cost is what we pay for all three of our hunting leases, and a way of helping out people who might as well be part of my family. One of many ways we do so.

I am not looking for an arguement, and do not wish to start a fight but, if you are so anti hunting, why are you posting on a hunting sub forum? Live and let live man. That's what I try to do.
I agree and it's coyotes who is buying a box of $40 ammo for the i use surplus 762 don't spend much at all i have tons of it anyways you know for the zombies or commi's which ever happens first

Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #28

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Dude is a troll. Don't engage or he'll just bury your thread in nonsense, and then turn to personal insults against your family. Report his idiocy as soon as he says something personal (don't worry, he will), and maybe if there are enough reports we can get this guy banned.

Old 01-24-2012, 06:42 AM   #29
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1577 Times on 964 Posts
Likes Given: 8154

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Dude is a troll. Don't engage or he'll just bury your thread in nonsense, and then turn to personal insults against your family. Report his idiocy as soon as he says something personal (don't worry, he will), and maybe if there are enough reports we can get this guy banned.
Thanks Trip. I was having the same thought earlier, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #30

ya i just wanted to know how other people where hunting them not wether you agree with it or not i posted this cause i wanted feed back from other hunters. if i wanted a debate about ethics thats what the original thread would have. So to be back on track found great yote area out on china hat here in central oregon can see the evidence of them killing all kinds of deer and everything else we got here.