Coyote Problem - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Coyote Problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

you could always try waiting in a tree, then jumping onto their back and stabbing them with a knife.

but seriously, i would go for the rifle shot personally. i think getting close enough for the shotgun might prove difficult.

Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #12

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by camooutlaw View Post
I hate to do this,but this is a public forum and as sportsman and outdoorsman we should not give the anti's and the tree huggers any more reasons to try to shutdown the sport that we love so that said DO NOT USE A KITTIN IN A CAGE although it works (very well) it is agianst the law in most states and is considered animal cruelity,it can be costly to fight an animal cruelity charge in court I know from experience.By the way I really have no use for cats of any kind it just looks bad on predator hunter because trust me the media won't make you look good if you are bust,stick to calling baiting with dead animals will draw in more than just the loal coyote you'll get skunks,opossums,raccoons and buzzards..sorry for the ranting but we hunter should speack up when we see one of our brotherhood doing something that makes us look bad..
I am a cat lover I have 2 Himalayans. I didnt say you had to hurt or endager a kitten. If you have problems with coyotes it is a way to lure them to shoot them. As soon as you put any kitten in a cage it will cry. Simply out of boredom. Please don't do anything illegal in your state or province.

Old 11-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #13

Yea, and I do know where to get a kitten too. But I never really considered this because it is cruel. Even better though, We found a game trail that the coyote normally travels to a local creek here, and we have a good idea of the times that he travels it. Luckily, It is surrounded by thick foilage so I have good cover and If I need it, Im not but 50 yds from a county road (although only 2 or 3 cars use it daily.) To add to it, There is not a house for about 1/2 mile around and the road is in the opposite direction, It seems like an almost perfect spot to get him.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #14

since you'll be hunting them in thick cover on a well used game trail you should use a good sent eliminating product,they are canines and have an amazing since of smell and sharp eye so limit your movement and put your back to a good size tree so it is not exposed your back and to breakup your sillouette. although coyotes attacking a human is rare there was a news article about that very thing happening recently.I've predator hunted for 30 yrs my dad started me when I was 10 and I've taken many at dusk by calling them into shotgun range so your 12 ga with buckshot should do a fine job ..

Old 11-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #15

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kitten in a cage

Kitten in a cage
stock-photo-scottish-fold-kitten-cage-looking-out-28359769.jpg  

Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #16

I wonder if they would come to an ex-wife in a cage? I mean with all the whining they probably would, but then get scared off by the incessesnt bit*ing...

Sorry.

Old 11-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #17

Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcreep927 View Post
I wonder if they would come to an ex-wife in a cage? I mean with all the whining they probably would, but then get scared off by the incessesnt bit*ing...

Sorry.
Hmm.. Got an idea now for Bear hunting.. But forget the cage. Just tie the ex to a tree.. But of course, how could you shoot the majestic animal who took care of the biggest problem one has.. I would have to feed the bear for the rest of my life to show appreciation..

Old 11-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesicarry View Post
Hmm.. Got an idea now for Bear hunting.. But forget the cage. Just tie the ex to a tree.. But of course, how could you shoot the majestic animal who took care of the biggest problem one has.. I would have to feed the bear for the rest of my life to show appreciation..
Damn.........One can fantasize can't they??

You don't even have to go bear hunting, just take her nasty succubus ass to the Zoo and push her into the Polar Bear enclosure.......just walk away whistling, interrupted by a big smile of satisfaction.

Jack
polar-bear.jpg  

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #19

Liked 776 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 842

.30-30 will work fine, so will a 12ga w/ #4 lead shot. Be careful w/ your dog. A buddy that breads beagles had his best male snagged last spring, 20 feet from his house as he looked on. If you get a motion decoy and a coon mouth call, you will thin them out pretty quick. I call them in w/ a coon call and a squeakier. I usually use a CZ527 Varminter in .223 w/ a 6.5-20x42mm AO scope, but for close situations a 12ga w/ #4 works great. I have used my .308HB and 7mm Rem Mag. If you have a pump shotgun, I'd use that. At 35 yards w/ an improved cylinder you have a 3.5ft spread. For the far field, the 8x57 may do the trick!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:38 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Kitten in a cage
LOL! There is a cheap app on iphone/ipodtouch that has various cat sounds including distressed kittens. I'd get PO'd if a coyote snagged my ipod, though.

Ask around about your game trail spot; i'm pretty sure you have to be at least 100 yards from any road for MS hunting, not sure about TN. Good luck!

Tags
cyotoe gun, cyotoe problem