Coyote hunting calls
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyote hunting calls

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Coyote hunting calls

What is the best call for summer time

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I haven't been coyote hunting but from what I've seen the electronic calls tend to work well and have different call options. Not sure if its so much a seasonal thing as it is just what call peaks the interest of the coyote the most.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13
I haven't been coyote hunting but from what I've seen the electronic calls tend to work well and have different call options. Not sure if its so much a seasonal thing as it is just what call peaks the interest of the coyote the most.
That's very true. Electronic calls have worked great for me. They are somewhat expensive. But when you use predator call just use the call that best represents the area. A lot of cottontails, jacks, or even woodpeckers. If that doesn't work use the coyote noises, howling, distress. It all just depends on the area.

Thanks,
Riley

Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #4

Screaming cotton tail calls work amazing called in triple my first time been getting singles ever since but gotta make sure your in a good spot cause. They will never come in again if u don't take them the first time live and learn

Old 03-22-2012, 12:24 PM   #5

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinks
Screaming cotton tail calls work amazing called in triple my first time been getting singles ever since but gotta make sure your in a good spot cause. They will never come in again if u don't take them the first time live and learn
Never come in again bs we have had many yotes bust us take off an come back in just know how to call an what to use when it goes south

Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Never come in again bs we have had many yotes bust us take off an come back in just know how to call an what to use when it goes south
That's true. I have had some bust me and they come right back in after lip smacks and change of calls.

Thanks,
Riley

Old 03-25-2012, 02:54 AM   #7

Liked 121 Times on 86 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote_killer3

That's true. I have had some bust me and they come right back in after lip smacks and change of calls.

Thanks,
Riley
I have missed a few used a pup in distress an wa la here they come again. Works like a charm

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

And to answer time of the year question... using pup yips and howls works better in the winter months than it does in the summer (IME). But you can't go wrong with rabbit in distress and the classic lip smacks. I wanna get my hands on a foxpro and a jitter critter real bad, but my yote budget is pretty low lol

Sent from my DROID Pro using FirearmsTalk

Old 05-06-2012, 12:56 PM   #9

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I love the Randy Anderson series of hand calls, Little Dog, Hot Dog, Ki-Yi and such but the spring I bought a good electronic, the Alpha Dog from Natchez for $249. It has 75 calls sounds, not just coyote but deer, gator, birds, cougar, bob cat, hog and elk. You can add sounds too, make your own or buy online at $2 each.

They say a woodpecker and rabbit sounds are the most effective but howling seams to work well for me. Also deer distress, I shot one earlier this year that was chasing a group of deer.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 06-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #10

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911beast View Post
What is the best call for summer time
Though electronic calls are expensive, one can be made very easy by downloading free calls and placing on CD's Get a walkman CD player, a pa speaker and a very small amp from radio Shack for $13.00 ...Works great. Can also be loaded on MP3 player, Sounds great, cost me $13.00 for amp, had the walkman and PA speaker. Can be downloaded free. Free is good, E-mail me at sarg1c@hotmail.com, I'll send pic, part# and web site.