Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Coyote hunting calls (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/coyote-hunting-calls-60332/)

1911beast 03-15-2012 11:08 PM

Coyote hunting calls

What is the best call for summer time

mountainman13 03-15-2012 11:53 PM

I haven't been coyote hunting but from what I've seen the electronic calls tend to work well and have different call options. Not sure if its so much a seasonal thing as it is just what call peaks the interest of the coyote the most.

coyote_killer3 03-16-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mountainman13
I haven't been coyote hunting but from what I've seen the electronic calls tend to work well and have different call options. Not sure if its so much a seasonal thing as it is just what call peaks the interest of the coyote the most.

That's very true. Electronic calls have worked great for me. They are somewhat expensive. But when you use predator call just use the call that best represents the area. A lot of cottontails, jacks, or even woodpeckers. If that doesn't work use the coyote noises, howling, distress. It all just depends on the area.

Thanks,
Riley

spinks 03-21-2012 11:51 AM

Screaming cotton tail calls work amazing called in triple my first time been getting singles ever since but gotta make sure your in a good spot cause. They will never come in again if u don't take them the first time live and learn

Muliemaster 03-22-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spinks
Screaming cotton tail calls work amazing called in triple my first time been getting singles ever since but gotta make sure your in a good spot cause. They will never come in again if u don't take them the first time live and learn

Never come in again bs we have had many yotes bust us take off an come back in just know how to call an what to use when it goes south

coyote_killer3 03-22-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muliemaster

Never come in again bs we have had many yotes bust us take off an come back in just know how to call an what to use when it goes south

That's true. I have had some bust me and they come right back in after lip smacks and change of calls.

Thanks,
Riley

Muliemaster 03-25-2012 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coyote_killer3

That's true. I have had some bust me and they come right back in after lip smacks and change of calls.

Thanks,
Riley

I have missed a few used a pup in distress an wa la here they come again. Works like a charm

krisko09 04-23-2012 09:40 PM

And to answer time of the year question... using pup yips and howls works better in the winter months than it does in the summer (IME). But you can't go wrong with rabbit in distress and the classic lip smacks. I wanna get my hands on a foxpro and a jitter critter real bad, but my yote budget is pretty low lol

Sent from my DROID Pro using FirearmsTalk

tri70 05-06-2012 12:56 PM

I love the Randy Anderson series of hand calls, Little Dog, Hot Dog, Ki-Yi and such but the spring I bought a good electronic, the Alpha Dog from Natchez for $249. It has 75 calls sounds, not just coyote but deer, gator, birds, cougar, bob cat, hog and elk. You can add sounds too, make your own or buy online at $2 each.

They say a woodpecker and rabbit sounds are the most effective but howling seams to work well for me. Also deer distress, I shot one earlier this year that was chasing a group of deer.

sarg1c 06-06-2012 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911beast (Post 741674)
What is the best call for summer time

Though electronic calls are expensive, one can be made very easy by downloading free calls and placing on CD's Get a walkman CD player, a pa speaker and a very small amp from radio Shack for $13.00 ...Works great. Can also be loaded on MP3 player, Sounds great, cost me $13.00 for amp, had the walkman and PA speaker. Can be downloaded free. Free is good, E-mail me at sarg1c@hotmail.com, I'll send pic, part# and web site.