Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > coyote call techniques

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default coyote call techniques

I've got a new Jack in distress call and I don't know exactly the technique to go for

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #2

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 4

with rabbit distress i usually start out with a moderate sound level and speed, and grow to a loud, fast, shakey (done by gyrating the bottom jaw) sound, then i will cut off and do softer slower calls with about 30-60 secs between. The idea is to mimmick the prey getting hurt, panicking, then dying.

There are a lot of techniques to check out, but this has been most successful for me.

Also if u havent already, u should check out Randy Anderson's dvd's, he does an awesome job of teaching u how to use and manipulate different calls.

Old 10-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #3

Liked 540 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

I like to start off soft too, if one is close.

Remember the battle of Athens, TN!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I never give a predator call a lot of action. If there are predators nearby they will come. Using the call to much just gives away your position. If you can find a live rabbit that will squeal when you pick it up you will see a lot more predators.

These guys are avid hunters. Their stuff works! I have been hunting with Murray Burrnham. He has forgot more about hunting than I will ever know. The tapes are done by the original Brothers. I don't know about the rest of the recordings. The Burnham brothers that made the company great have passed away.

http://www.burnhambrothers.com/

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Last edited by Old_Crow; 10-04-2012 at 10:10 AM.