Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Coyote

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Default Coyote

Well in CT the yote season opened June 1. Any ideas on how to hunt them now? Or is it just not worth the effort?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Many people will get really upset with you for hunting yotes this time of the year. The pelts are not good mange is picking up. Look to Predator Extreme Mag to answer some of your questions.

Pup in destress calls are going to work real good to bring in mom's who just whelped pups not to long ago.

Spring Predators: Ethical or Not?

Old 06-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

well I probably won't then, no use in killing them before they're ready. I'll just wait until winter

Old 06-14-2009, 07:54 PM   #4

Wiley IS the Coyote. Mr. Needle Nose is a ball to hunt !

Highly recommend an electronic game caller IF legal in your State. Check hunting Regs to see IF a hunting license of some sort is required.

Stay down wind, wear camo, glass a lot...and dont wear after shave !

They are very smart animals but cant resist the call of a free meal. Good Luck !

Old 06-15-2009, 01:56 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Doc has been cleaning the pond of dead gills this spring and dumping them in the field and it sounds like the yotes are visiting the fish pile on a regular basis, so I think baiting would be in order for yotes.

As far as shooting those mangy bastard in the spring, the only good yote is a dead yote. Seem as though a recent study has indicated that those dirty bastard are reeking havoc of the whitetail population in the spring by taking freshly born fawns. I recently read a research study on this that kinda put two and two together for me and made good sense. IMO, yotes don't deserve to live anymore than opossum do and I really hate opossum, those egg robbing bastards.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:58 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Joe many people feel that way. Some more Hard core or pelt hunters really get upset over spring summer and fall hunting of yotes.

As for Bait check your local regs to see if you can bait them. If you can anything that smells dead will bring them in. Even one of them wheasles balls for the dog take it apart and stick a metal rod on it and turn it on and use a fox pro next to it. You will sure to kill them then.