Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Come to Idaho Oct. 7th

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

Spare Tire

First of all the individual I quoted has requested that I do not use his name as he fears retaliation by individuals such as you and those in your state’s government that are in the position to cause him difficulties. He does have a livelihood to protect. I interjected his statement in this discussion in an effort to enlighten you to the fact that all residents of your state do not feel as you do.

I would hope that you are cognizant of the fact that there are multiple pending litigations against both Wyoming and Montana in relation to the Endangered Species Act. Until such time that an individual complaint is brought before a judge, in any court of competent jurisdiction, they are forbidden by the rule of law to make a decision and issue their mandate in advance on said complaint. Expect to hear much more from the courts in the near future. I would advise you to get a working knowledge of the law and be aware of all pending litigation before you rely on it to support your position.

The link you provided is totally devoid of any salient provable facts. It appears to me that it was published to appease the sensibilities of some of those who might read it. Political rhetoric is totally useless in any Socratic discussion and to use said to support your hypothecs is to abrogate your god given right for independent thinking.

The estimation of 150 of wolves in your state was the proper number has been revised several time over the years and I am sorry to say that I do not know what the experts have to say now. I do know that it far exceeds the original estimate.

One would hope that you and your governor know that it only takes an order from a federal judge to force the compliance to and enforcement of federal law or face contempt of court charges for not doing so. From what has been related to me there is more than one federal judge ready to act if the opportunity is presented to them.

To condone poaching for any reason is an abomination to any true sportsman. Is it common practice in Idaho for people to only abide by the laws they agree with and disregard those they don’t?

Nwrednk

You do realize that there are individuals with closed minds in every cohort of our society. I do not judge people by their birthplace or make reference to the many people in my life that I feel are somewhat lacking in social skills or conduct themselves in a manner I find repugnant because of their point of origin.

“Bty, I am most likely better educated than wally”. Your superior education is exemplified by how you spell my name. The correct spelling is Walley not wally.

As a matter of fact I happen to be multilingual also and can converse in, plus read and write, in more than one language other than the one I am ethnically predisposed to.

You do not know my educational history so I will reluctantly present this brief overview. I have obtained three advanced degrees and have possessed professional licensure to practice in the field of my choice for over forty years in five states that were only issued based on rigid educational standards. Of course your education far surpasses anything I might have accomplished.

Relating verbal family history in no way meets the standard of proof necessary for one to make an objective assessment of fact in any matter.

One would hope that people understand that what is at issue here is political posturing and the law. It is not the emotional components many have brought into it. People like myself base the position we take on provable fact not emotion, hearsay or the rhetoric of politicians who support special interests.

Old 09-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #72

Liked 341 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
Spare Tire

First of all the individual I quoted has requested that I do not use his name as he fears retaliation by individuals such as you and those in your state’s government that are in the position to cause him difficulties. He does have a livelihood to protect. I interjected his statement in this discussion in an effort to enlighten you to the fact that all residents of your state do not feel as you do.

I would hope that you are cognizant of the fact that there are multiple pending litigations against both Wyoming and Montana in relation to the Endangered Species Act. Until such time that an individual complaint is brought before a judge, in any court of competent jurisdiction, they are forbidden by the rule of law to make a decision and issue their mandate in advance on said complaint. Expect to hear much more from the courts in the near future. I would advise you to get a working knowledge of the law and be aware of all pending litigation before you rely on it to support your position.

The link you provided is totally devoid of any salient provable facts. It appears to me that it was published to appease the sensibilities of some of those who might read it. Political rhetoric is totally useless in any Socratic discussion and to use said to support your hypothecs is to abrogate your god given right for independent thinking.

The estimation of 150 of wolves in your state was the proper number has been revised several time over the years and I am sorry to say that I do not know what the experts have to say now. I do know that it far exceeds the original estimate.

One would hope that you and your governor know that it only takes an order from a federal judge to force the compliance to and enforcement of federal law or face contempt of court charges for not doing so. From what has been related to me there is more than one federal judge ready to act if the opportunity is presented to them.

To condone poaching for any reason is an abomination to any true sportsman. Is it common practice in Idaho for people to only abide by the laws they agree with and disregard those they don’t?
Paragraph #1- My brother could beat up your brother, it's just the same all the time from you, it's called BS you got nothin. You need to prove your comments.

Paragraph #2- Wyoming has had the same plan from the beginning of the wolf introduction and no one has stopped them. You spout about law suits that haven't and will never happen. Show me at least one newspaper article about these law suits, you have nothin. You need to prove these comments.

Paragraph #3-is from the Idaho Statesman, a real newspaper.

Paragraph #4- The 150 # is real number that the Governor remembers.

Paragraph #5- You threat with the fear of the unknown lawsuit. With nothin to back it up, so it means nothin. You have to bring more to the table than your emotion. You need to prove your comments.

Paragraph #6- It won't be poaching on Oct 7th- !9 days from today, woohoo

Last edited by Flat Tire; 09-18-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:50 AM   #73

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default /

Spare Tire

It is ridicules for you to imply that because I have honored an individual’s request for anonymity that this person does not exist. That would be considered somewhat childish at best. I don’t like it so it doesn’t exist or I don’t like what you are saying so it must be lie. Our wolves are bigger and badder than yours so you don’t know what you are talking about. Welcome to the first grade.

If you would check the dockets of the various courts you will become aware of the litigation I made reference to. Also check what litigation is awaiting certiorari at the Supreme Court. I am not about to do your homework for you, I have enough to do of my own. I have directed you to where one might find that information if they possess even a rudimentary intellect. Of the multiple thousands of complaints filed daily with the courts in this country only a miniscule number are written up in any newspaper. Over eight hundred were filed with the clerk of the District Court of Cook County, Illinois on Monday and no mention of any of them has appeared in any publication. Of course if they didn’t appear in the newspaper they don’t exist.

If you rely on what is published in the newspaper for your main source of information you do yourself a disservice sir. All newspapers slant their reporting to support their own agenda just like the media whores on TV. You have to search for the truth to find it and to do so is in and of itself a learning experience.

The figure of 150 animals is what was determined to be the minimum number to maintain a sustainable population. Nowhere was it ever said that it was the number that Idaho was allowed to have or what number would create overpopulation.

Have you ever attempted to check the veracity of any statement I have made in an attempt to ascertain if I was prevaricating? When have you or anyone else asked me for proof of what I have said before I asked you for a few items. I have directly asked you for certain statistical data and you are either reluctant to provide it or incapable of finding it without someone’s direction. Rather than responding you now allege that I don’t possess substantiating documentation for what I have posted. I highly doubt that you understand what the word emotional means and to say I act out of emotion rather than logic, reason and empirical fact proves that you don’t.

I apologize for my failure to realize that title eleven of the Endangered Species Act of 1973 is scheduled to be repealed in its entirety on Oct. 7th. As it stands now wantonly taking the life of a listed wild animal is a federal crime; normally referred to as poaching. Be real the law will not change no matter what any elected political whore or anyone else has to say. Poaching is poaching with whatever windows dressing you care to wrap around it. Any hunter who supports it is despicable in the mind of a true sportsman, which by your statements you defiantly are not.

Last edited by Walley; 09-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Old 09-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #74

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

It's a shame that this thread has degraded into personal attacks and insults. Why don't you gentlemen take it to pm between yourselves. I entered this topic of discussion looking for information about a supposed issue that was raised. My requests for information have still not been answered. I feel that all I can do know is wait this out until the first week of October and see what new information is available.

Thank you and as always, stay safe

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 09-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #75

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Mods-PLEASE close this thread! If yall are going to argue please do it in PM land as you've been requested to do.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walley View Post
Spare Tire

It is ridicules for you to imply that because I have honored an individual’s request for anonymity that this person does not exist. That would be considered somewhat childish at best. I don’t like it so it doesn’t exist or I don’t like what you are saying so it must be lie. Our wolves are bigger and badder than yours so you don’t know what you are talking about. Welcome to the first grade.

If you would check the dockets of the various courts you will become aware of the litigation I made reference to. Also check what litigation is awaiting certiorari at the Supreme Court. I am not about to do your homework for you, I have enough to do of my own. I have directed you to where one might find that information if they possess even a rudimentary intellect. Of the multiple thousands of complaints filed daily with the courts in this country only a miniscule number are written up in any newspaper. Over eight hundred were filed with the clerk of the District Court of Cook County, Illinois on Monday and no mention of any of them has appeared in any publication. Of course if they didn’t appear in the newspaper they don’t exist.

If you rely on what is published in the newspaper for your main source of information you do yourself a disservice sir. All newspapers slant their reporting to support their own agenda just like the media whores on TV. You have to search for the truth to find it and to do so is in and of itself a learning experience.

The figure of 150 animals is what was determined to be the minimum number to maintain a sustainable population. Nowhere was it ever said that it was the number that Idaho was allowed to have or what number would create overpopulation.

Have you ever attempted to check the veracity of any statement I have made in an attempt to ascertain if I was prevaricating? When have you or anyone else asked me for proof of what I have said before I asked you for a few items. I have directly asked you for certain statistical data and you are either reluctant to provide it or incapable of finding it without someone’s direction. Rather than responding you now allege that I don’t possess substantiating documentation for what I have posted. I highly doubt that you understand what the word emotional means and to say I act out of emotion rather than logic, reason and empirical fact proves that you don’t.

I apologize for my failure to realize that title eleven of the Endangered Species Act of 1973 is scheduled to be repealed in its entirety on Oct. 7th. As it stands now wantonly taking the life of a listed wild animal is a federal crime; normally referred to as poaching. Be real the law will not change no matter what any elected political whore or anyone else has to say. Poaching is poaching with whatever windows dressing you care to wrap around it. Any hunter who supports it is despicable in the mind of a true sportsman, which by your statements you defiantly are not.

Ok here's the deal, I started this thread to say Idaho has a wolf problem and the Governor has taken a new position on how to manage wolves. That position will be the same as what Wyoming has done with their wolf problem.
You banter about this like a little girl. Come out to Idaho on Oct. 7th and shoot a wolf, have some fun.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #77

Bill would exempt Idaho wolves from protections | KTVB.COM | KTVB.COM | Boise, Idaho news

click on that ^^^^

Old 09-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #78

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Invitation to break the law

Spare Tire

Thank you for your generous invitation but I must decline. As a person who believes in the rule of law I hesitate to knowingly break any.

I will be closely following your senator’s proposed bill and will join others in contacting our senators in an effort to have it killed in conference. I am confident we will succeed. Just because a Bill is introduced in the Senate it does not make it a done deal.

A gun is like a wife. If you can't love the one you have get a divorce from it and go find one you can lovel

Last edited by Walley; 09-19-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #79

Default Wolf hunting sounds good to me

I am not well informed about the wolf situation in Idaho. If the species is well established and needs to be hunted, however, I think it would be great.

Old 09-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #80

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

Default By Jove, FT!

I did not "set out to ruffle Walleys feathers"! And I must apologize for my typo
as at least I share the same "pet peeve"... about the misspelling/ misproun-
ciation of my last name! It is a common scandinavian name w/o the A
towards the end like the very common US version of the name! And when my
granddad,(farfar) came to the US he shortened the name by omitting the
"sen" from it. I actually attended the same old school he did in the 1960's &
aside from becoming fluent in finn/swedish,(Finland/Svenska)... I also learned
some Finnish, German, French, Dutch, Spanish & a little Italian! Euroupe was
a great place to experience my youth, but traveling the US from coast to
coast & border to border has been a very enlightening experience as well!
(Let us not forget what Samual Clemens/ Mark Twain had to say about
travel)! ps, Pop & I will be using my vintage Airstream motorhome as our
basecamp once again as airstreams seem to last forever! ( Even the 8-track
player still works great)!!! (In 1978 they also used/went by the Argosy name
like my "demo-model" that was the largest one made @ 28' with all the "bells
& whistles")!!!

Last edited by nwrednk; 09-20-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: ps

Closed Thread