Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Climbing stands

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 04:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Climbing stands

I know this is a gun place but I know most of us hunt... I'm in the market for a climbing stand and wanted to hear everyone's opinion on wat to get... I was looking at the gorilla grey back or the summit classic.... Trying to stay under 200$ .. Let's hear ur opinions

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 AM   #2

Liked 373 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 48

My buddy swears by summit products. I have been in his stand a few times. Works very nice anf is very comfy. A lot better that those old hanging stand I made years ago that I still use.

NEVER TAKE A SLEEPING PILL AND A LAXATIVE IN THE SAME NIGHT

Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 AM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Check out the Gunslinger climbing stand. It is one of the easiest to climb with that I have ever had. It is super comfortable as well, but it is in the $300 price range.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #4

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I was going to suggest API Outdoors which are excellent climbers,I have a magnum that i've had since it first came out on the market....But wow how their prices have escalated!! since I bought my climber.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #5

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I have a summit viper classic and I love it. It is very comfortable (maybe too comfortable) and i got it for around $180 from the lgs.

Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #6

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think Summit is offering their Classic Viper (steel model) for around $140 now. I saw an ad for one recently at that price point. Good stand, but hopefully you don't have to haul it too far, because it is heavy.

I've been using Summit stands since their inception in the early '80s. I'm using an older Viper aluminum model currently, and several of their hang-on models with SwiftTree and BuckSteps accessories. They are all quality products.

I hear good things about the TreeWalker stand and Lone Wolf products, too, but they are a bit more expensive than what you want to spend.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I either want the summit classic or the gorilla grey back.. I'm headed to the store today to try them out , thanks guys