Claiming a buck - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Claiming a buck


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24
Default

I say the bow hunter would get the deer. Just because the deer ran past me after he made a shot dont mean it is mine. But I dont have to worry about it because i hunt in ohio and it is basically a archery only state for deer.
adamhale is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5
Default

first GOOD shot/arrow/thrown ax gets deer.
i saved long track and helped gut /drag, i'm looken for a back strap buddy.
ghost is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 25
Default whirley

Tough call. I was taught that whoever put the deer on the ground was the owner. The archer chose to use a less immediately lethal weapon during gun season. It's no different than if I shot a deer low through the middle and as it ran past you, you shot and knocked it down. It's your deer. In the event of both of us shooting at a running deer, and a question of who put it down, in my opinion it's your deer and I'll help you with it if necessary. Years ago I was taught that hunting was a sport. It's not necessary to kill to enjoy a good day in the field!
whirley is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Always with the easy way out that smacks ya in the face like the reality of an ugly girlfriend. Good point, Cane.
Now how do you dress out a bow hunter and which is the bet cut?
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
.22hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williamson,New York
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirley View Post
Tough call. I was taught that whoever put the deer on the ground was the owner. The archer chose to use a less immediately lethal weapon during gun season. It's no different than if I shot a deer low through the middle and as it ran past you, you shot and knocked it down. It's your deer. In the event of both of us shooting at a running deer, and a question of who put it down, in my opinion it's your deer and I'll help you with it if necessary. Years ago I was taught that hunting was a sport. It's not necessary to kill to enjoy a good day in the field!
Sounds like the kind of hunting buddy we all need..Thanks for posting...
.22hustler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: SW OK
Posts: 5,050
Liked 2614 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 4142

Default

Quote:
Personally if a deer comes up to me mortally wounded with a rifle and I drop it, Im waiting for the hunter who shot it to trail the deer and they can have it. I mean it could be some kids first deer or something.
Thats just me. They dont show up to claim it, im takin it
.


Two years ago was in my tree stand and heard a shot about a half mile away. After about 10 minutes this nice 8 point comes limping by my stand. Killed that deer and waited. Sure enough here comes a 14 year old kid trailed by his dad.

The kid got the deer.

Last edited by alsaqr; 12-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.
alsaqr is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hunter Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,413
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
.


Two years ago was in my tree stand and heard a shot about a half mile away. After about 10 minutes this nice 8 point comes limping by my stand. Killed that deer and waited. Sure enough here comes a 14 year old kid trailed by his dad.

The kid got the deer.
Brother I'd hunt with you any day. You have earned the right to be called "sportsman" IMHO. Joe
__________________
God, Family, Guns, in that order.
hunter Joe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
.22hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Williamson,New York
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Brother I'd hunt with you any day. You have earned the right to be called "sportsman" IMHO. Joe
+1.There's always another deer, but you don't always get a chance to show what kind of person you really are!
.22hustler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Dzscubie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: El Paso,Texas
Posts: 2,521
Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Brother I'd hunt with you any day. You have earned the right to be called "sportsman" IMHO. Joe
+1 - not only a sportsman but, as we say in Texas, A man to ride the river with.
__________________
"I never killed anyone who didn't need killing."
JW Hardin
Dzscubie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 8
Default

That is the bow hunter's deer, for sure.
skipreid is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Obama Administration Begins Opposition To States Claiming Sovereignty And Gun Rights IGETEVEN Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 07-29-2009 09:32 PM
We still got some claiming there were no WMD's in iraq opaww Politics, Religion and Controversy 45 07-23-2009 11:52 PM
House members Monday again approved a resolution claiming Oklahoma’s sovereignty. crowbar Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 05-09-2009 02:24 AM
Buck It Up SGT-MILLER Politics, Religion and Controversy 6 01-20-2009 05:57 AM
Buck Mark Firing Pin? serenity .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 2 11-03-2007 10:14 PM



Newest Threads