Claiming a buck - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum >

Claiming a buck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 12:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I say the bow hunter would get the deer. Just because the deer ran past me after he made a shot dont mean it is mine. But I dont have to worry about it because i hunt in ohio and it is basically a archery only state for deer.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #22

first GOOD shot/arrow/thrown ax gets deer.
i saved long track and helped gut /drag, i'm looken for a back strap buddy.

Old 12-30-2009, 03:16 PM   #23

Default whirley

Tough call. I was taught that whoever put the deer on the ground was the owner. The archer chose to use a less immediately lethal weapon during gun season. It's no different than if I shot a deer low through the middle and as it ran past you, you shot and knocked it down. It's your deer. In the event of both of us shooting at a running deer, and a question of who put it down, in my opinion it's your deer and I'll help you with it if necessary. Years ago I was taught that hunting was a sport. It's not necessary to kill to enjoy a good day in the field!

Old 12-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #24

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Always with the easy way out that smacks ya in the face like the reality of an ugly girlfriend. Good point, Cane.
Now how do you dress out a bow hunter and which is the bet cut?

Old 12-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirley View Post
Tough call. I was taught that whoever put the deer on the ground was the owner. The archer chose to use a less immediately lethal weapon during gun season. It's no different than if I shot a deer low through the middle and as it ran past you, you shot and knocked it down. It's your deer. In the event of both of us shooting at a running deer, and a question of who put it down, in my opinion it's your deer and I'll help you with it if necessary. Years ago I was taught that hunting was a sport. It's not necessary to kill to enjoy a good day in the field!
Sounds like the kind of hunting buddy we all need..Thanks for posting...

Old 12-30-2009, 09:51 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 4142

Quote:
Personally if a deer comes up to me mortally wounded with a rifle and I drop it, Im waiting for the hunter who shot it to trail the deer and they can have it. I mean it could be some kids first deer or something.
Thats just me. They dont show up to claim it, im takin it

Two years ago was in my tree stand and heard a shot about a half mile away. After about 10 minutes this nice 8 point comes limping by my stand. Killed that deer and waited. Sure enough here comes a 14 year old kid trailed by his dad.

The kid got the deer.

Last edited by alsaqr; 12-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.

Old 12-31-2009, 12:35 PM   #27

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post

Two years ago was in my tree stand and heard a shot about a half mile away. After about 10 minutes this nice 8 point comes limping by my stand. Killed that deer and waited. Sure enough here comes a 14 year old kid trailed by his dad.

The kid got the deer.
Brother I'd hunt with you any day. You have earned the right to be called "sportsman" IMHO. Joe

Old 12-31-2009, 04:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
Brother I'd hunt with you any day. You have earned the right to be called "sportsman" IMHO. Joe
+1.There's always another deer, but you don't always get a chance to show what kind of person you really are!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #29

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
+1 - not only a sportsman but, as we say in Texas, A man to ride the river with.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #30

That is the bow hunter's deer, for sure.