cell phones and hunting - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > cell phones and hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 09:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

havent been hunting yet this year myself, doesnt start here until Oct 17. but I will have my phone with me on silent. my phone is on silent 24/7/365. I dont want to hear it. my phone may ring twice a day and even that annoys me. but is great for emergencies.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:47 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Good idea. What if you fell out of your stand? What if you were bitten by a rattlesnake or stepped into a rotted out pine stump hole? If you can't get out of the woods due to an accident and are hunting your leased land alone, you might find yourself in a very serious life threatening situation.
I am 65yo, retired and will probably be on my hunting land most of the season. Since it's just me and my little pooch here I may as well just live at the camp. I will have my travel trailer and all the conveniences of home, but still that cell phone will go with me everywhere simply as an excellent emergency contact device. Sometimes there will be other hunting partners there, but there will be times that I will be on that nearly 900 acre tract all alone so the phone will be with me.
It is on my nightstand every night as well as my .45ACP and the alarm system is on as well.
I don't text, don't know how and have no intention of learning. All I want to do is to enjoy the hunting season as safely as possible.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:11 PM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry mine. Just in case I get lost.(It has happened before...)

Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I doubt i would be able to get a signal to call anyone. I am LOLing at the thought of some poor guy hanging by his boot from a treestand and having to call his wife to get help "um yeah, honey, i'm not really helping Bob move and i need help...honey?".