Cant wait for deer season.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Cant wait for deer season.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default Cant wait for deer season.

I'm ready for cold frosty mornings in the woods and the smell of Doe estrus lol

What about every one else.

And another one of these would be nice.

image-3952223404.jpg  

Its not murder if for means of survival

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2603 Times on 1271 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Always,

I had a 8pt. Piebald that was born on my property here in Tennessee Had pictures of him and his mother from right after he was born and when he grew up. Here was his second year rack. He was shot about 6 miles from my home year before last. Chasing women will get the best in trouble! The same doe threw anotherone last spring. I do not know what it is yet?

img_9806.jpg  

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 09-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #3

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Yea I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw him. There was only about 15 seconds from when I realized what he was till I dropped the hammer on him.

You would not believe the number of people who told me I should have let home got to grow and mature.

Its not murder if for means of survival

Old 09-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #4

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default ready for deer season

it has been so hot and dry here in east tx .....Im ready to have'' forgotten ''my jacket and rubber boots and freeze my butt off in the stand with wet feet !

Old 09-10-2013, 09:32 PM   #5

Liked 74 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 204

TEASER!!! these guys frequent the back yard... too bad we can't...you know...

img_3710.jpg   img_3724.jpg  

Old 09-22-2013, 02:36 AM   #6

Liked 177 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Today and tomorrow here in Michigan is a 2 day antlerless hunt, at dusk tonight I had not seen any does all day, then all the sudden this monster buck(only 6pt but about a 200 lb body) appears in my front shooting lane down the hill 40 yards away, then he appears in my side shooting land 30 yards away and stands still for 30 seconds. I watched him for 20 minutes and decided i'm done, got out of the blind quietly and crept over to the edge of the hill, got within 50 feet of him and watched him for another 20 minutes, then I decided to creep away because night fall was coming, he never knew I was there the whole time, can't believe guys like this never show up in the regular season, they only show up when you can't shoot them.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

Old 09-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1866 Times on 1279 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Gun season here doesn't open until october 14. Right now archery season is open. I am just feeding the deer in the areas I hunt, except where bowhunters are active. If the bowhunters want to feed the deer the feed mill is open. Most just put out a salt block a mile away from water and complain deer don't come to it. Duh!

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #8
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1221 Times on 698 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Archery season starts this coming Saturday around here. I just tuned up the crossbow today,but it'll be next Tuesday before I'll get to hunt.
We have an excellent deer herd this year,with several quality older bucks,and some really great younger bucks that hopefully will stay on our ranch and not wander to the neighboring ranches and get shot this year. They need a couple more years to reach their full potential,and we even have a buck that escaped from either a deer farm or high fenced ranch somewhere.It has tags in both of it's ears,and the game warden told me they hadn't tagged any deer in the area in 5-6 years.

Lifetime Member-
NRA
Texas State Rifle Association
North American Hunting Club