Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Is camoflauge needed?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Is camoflauge needed?

Hello,

Deer season is just around the corner. I will be hunting whitetail in Missouri. Blaze orange is a requirement while hunting in MO. Since I will be wearing an orange vest and hat will camo pants and sleeves give me an advantage versus tan legs and black sleeves?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-23-2008, 01:30 PM   #2

I pretty sure it matters. Even though deer and elk etc. can only see black and white the pattern on camo sleeves and pants still show up. But in black and white color. I also had the same question last year but I just kinda figured it out my self. I wish someone made a camo pattern but a blazing orange color.

Lance,

Old 10-23-2008, 03:04 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Kid View Post
I wish someone made a camo pattern but a blazing orange color.

Lance,
They do make it. Take a look at Cabela's site. There are others a s well.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:16 PM   #4

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I want to know how the government ever found out that deer only see in black and white.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:22 PM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

If your gun hunting wear all the orange you have. My wife has an uncle that wears orange coveralls you can see 2 miles away. I have seen him stand in an open field leaning against a corner post to mark property boundaries with no cover within a 1/4 mile of him and have deer run within 20 yrds. of. him. I`ll swear those coveralls he wears have a deer magnet in them.

Catfish
Ohio

Old 10-24-2008, 09:26 PM   #6

Down here in Utah the fish and game people do some stupid stuff. Like when they sell a lot of deer tags they fly over the area with a helicopter and tries to push them into the private land. I hate it.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:01 PM   #7
cbw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
I want to know how the government ever found out that deer only see in black and white.
What do you think they do with all out tax money?

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #8

Thanks for the tips big kid and catfish!

Old 10-31-2008, 10:45 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
If your gun hunting wear all the orange you have. My wife has an uncle that wears orange coveralls you can see 2 miles away. I have seen him stand in an open field leaning against a corner post to mark property boundaries with no cover within a 1/4 mile of him and have deer run within 20 yrds. of. him. I`ll swear those coveralls he wears have a deer magnet in them.
This is the smartest thing I've read in a while. Lets all take a minute and look back on the Dick Chaney incident.
Ok now the your back DEER are animals, very interested an curious. Many deer or other animals will see such bright colors or other intriguing things are are drawn too them for a closer look. Loud noise sudden movments and things of that sort are what spook them.

" Imagine your a deer and your leaning in to take a drink from the pond on a pieceful day. and then all of a sudden BAM! A bullet rips of half of your face. Now tell me, would you care what color pants the mother ****er that shot you was wearing!?!?"
-Mona Lisa Vito
(From the movie My cousin Vinnie)

Old 10-31-2008, 11:05 PM   #10

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Nope, the first deer I killed I shot sitting on a flat rock, on the ground, in a clearing on the edge of an old logging road. It was almost noon and I was hungry and cold and headed back to the house. I had a long walk ahead of me and had sat down on the rock about halfway up the hill (still had 200 yards to the top of the hill). I heard something to my left and turned just in time to see a large doe walking downhill from me. I waited till she went behind an oak tree, raised my shotgun and when she came out from behind the tree, I fired. I hit her spine, and clipped one of her lungs. She ran about 30 yards and died.

Oh, forgot to say. I was wearing tattered work coveralls with manual tranny fluid on them and wearing an orange hat.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Last edited by dragunovsks; 10-31-2008 at 11:08 PM.