Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Hunting Forum (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/)
-   -   Is camoflauge needed? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f50/camoflauge-needed-7923/)

Doug1627 10-22-2008 11:37 PM

Is camoflauge needed?

Hello,

Deer season is just around the corner. I will be hunting whitetail in Missouri. Blaze orange is a requirement while hunting in MO. Since I will be wearing an orange vest and hat will camo pants and sleeves give me an advantage versus tan legs and black sleeves?

Big-Kid 10-23-2008 02:30 PM

I pretty sure it matters. Even though deer and elk etc. can only see black and white the pattern on camo sleeves and pants still show up. But in black and white color. I also had the same question last year but I just kinda figured it out my self. I wish someone made a camo pattern but a blazing orange color.

Lance,

sinzitu 10-23-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Kid (Post 46730)
I wish someone made a camo pattern but a blazing orange color.

Lance,

They do make it. Take a look at Cabela's site. There are others a s well.

Ram Rod 10-23-2008 04:16 PM

I want to know how the government ever found out that deer only see in black and white.

Catfish 10-24-2008 09:22 PM

If your gun hunting wear all the orange you have. My wife has an uncle that wears orange coveralls you can see 2 miles away. I have seen him stand in an open field leaning against a corner post to mark property boundaries with no cover within a 1/4 mile of him and have deer run within 20 yrds. of. him. I`ll swear those coveralls he wears have a deer magnet in them.

Big-Kid 10-24-2008 10:26 PM

Down here in Utah the fish and game people do some stupid stuff. Like when they sell a lot of deer tags they fly over the area with a helicopter and tries to push them into the private land. I hate it.

cbw 10-24-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ram Rod (Post 46751)
I want to know how the government ever found out that deer only see in black and white.

What do you think they do with all out tax money? ;)

Doug1627 10-29-2008 08:18 PM

Thanks for the tips big kid and catfish!

metal408 10-31-2008 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 46944)
If your gun hunting wear all the orange you have. My wife has an uncle that wears orange coveralls you can see 2 miles away. I have seen him stand in an open field leaning against a corner post to mark property boundaries with no cover within a 1/4 mile of him and have deer run within 20 yrds. of. him. I`ll swear those coveralls he wears have a deer magnet in them.

This is the smartest thing I've read in a while. Lets all take a minute and look back on the Dick Chaney incident.
Ok now the your back DEER are animals, very interested an curious. Many deer or other animals will see such bright colors or other intriguing things are are drawn too them for a closer look. Loud noise sudden movments and things of that sort are what spook them.

" Imagine your a deer and your leaning in to take a drink from the pond on a pieceful day. and then all of a sudden BAM! A bullet rips of half of your face. Now tell me, would you care what color pants the mother ****er that shot you was wearing!?!?"
-Mona Lisa Vito
(From the movie My cousin Vinnie)

dragunovsks 11-01-2008 12:05 AM

Nope, the first deer I killed I shot sitting on a flat rock, on the ground, in a clearing on the edge of an old logging road. It was almost noon and I was hungry and cold and headed back to the house. I had a long walk ahead of me and had sat down on the rock about halfway up the hill (still had 200 yards to the top of the hill). I heard something to my left and turned just in time to see a large doe walking downhill from me. I waited till she went behind an oak tree, raised my shotgun and when she came out from behind the tree, I fired. I hit her spine, and clipped one of her lungs. She ran about 30 yards and died.

Oh, forgot to say. I was wearing tattered work coveralls with manual tranny fluid on them and wearing an orange hat.