Bowhunting and gun guy

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Bowhunting and gun guy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bowhunting and gun guy

I recently found this forum and am having a blast with the wealth of info. on here. I love to shoot guns and have for over 40 years. grew up in kansas and we ate a wide variety of wild game when growing up. Doves,pheasants,quail,ducks,geese,turkey. I was blessed to live in central kansas where a small town boys hobby and pasttime was Hunting. I took up the bow early on and fell in love with it. Have taken over 50 whitetails and now my passion is hunting big bruisers. You learn a lot over the years and i am now passing my passion down to my sons. I also cant seem to get Elk out of my blood with a bow and look forward to this season as much as Whitetail. My question is.....are there many avid bowhunters on this forum that share the same interest? I have swapped hunts for Kansas whitetails in the years past and have met some good people in the process. I enjoy the comraderie during the hunt as much as the actual hunt. Just getting older I guess. I have excellent hunting on private and publlic lands in Kansas. I would love to hear from someone who May be interested in swapping a good elk hunt for a whitetail or mule deer, we have them both in abundance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2011, 01:43 AM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I know what you mean-I started bowhunting in the 70s. I've been an AVID hunter/bowhunter for years and I don't even know what a AVID looks like-I've never seen an avid in the wild. Seriously though, check out the 5x6 I got last fall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadoll View Post
. I also cant seem to get Elk out of my blood with a bow and look forward to this season as much as Whitetail. My question is.....are there many avid bowhunters on this forum that share the same interest?

elk-mount-002.jpg  

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #3

nice! where was he taken?

craigs-whitetails12.jpg   copy-2-pb190306_1.jpg   pc220126.jpg  

Old 06-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #4

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

He was taken in eastern Ky with a 300 win mag.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:28 AM   #5

I harvested the mule deer on the 3rd fuzzy photo last season. Scored 186 typical.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #6

Some nice Whitetails Craig. I am also an avid bow hunter, haveing taken two in the 190 class. I am 56, and I think it comes with age and maturity. I have to go out of my state to hunt the big guys. I realy like ILL. I think the next big one will come from there.

Newest Threads