Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Big money hunts .

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1036 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 537

Default Big money hunts .

Can you , after the legal paper work for transporting firearms on airplanes , go hunt big / dangerous game by yourself ? Must you always spend mega bucks for a guide and such ? Why could you not just fly to africa and shoot a elephant ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I think probably the biggest benefit (having not done it myself) would probably be the local game laws, plus being a foreigner in a different country carrying around a gun... you see where that's going right?

Get a good reputable outfitter/guide, and they'll not only help you find the game (I don't see how it could be hard to find an elephant, but I've never done it), but they could also keep you out of hot water (maybe, I'm guessing here)

Old 10-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

if your talking about africa... not a chance. africa is the single most government regulated area on the planet. its the main reason its a seething hole of human misery and disaster.

if you manage to get in a country and bribe your way in and get out in the wilds your prolly gonna get shot and all your stuff taken from ya less you got the right people bribed and with you.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #4
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1150 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 552

I have some friends that have gone to Africa several times on hunts. They said that you are required by law to have a guide and a professional hunter if you want to hunt dangerous game over there.
You must have a guide for any other hunting,like plains game.

Also,The smallest caliber for dangerous game allowed is like a 375 H&H.

Old 10-08-2011, 01:50 AM   #5

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default hunting the world

Africa is really a closed society .....The gov .runs everything and it has gotten worse since apartied has ended . Big /dangerous game is regulated by gov. who give the preserves / land owners only a certain amount of ''coupons '' for animals taken . Poachers kill more than hunters as graft /greed /black market is 90% of total animals taken per year continant wide .The well connected international poaching rings are in bed with corrupt gov. officials. Only a small portion of poachers do it to feed their families....and even they still have to pay off a tribal warlord .

Old 10-08-2011, 05:24 AM   #6
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

This is kind of interesting. What would be the rules for a place like Alaska?

Old 10-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5454 Times on 2846 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
This is kind of interesting. What would be the rules for a place like Alaska?
An alaska hunting permit, a rulebook on thehunting laws(free), and a way to get to alaska. Thats the bare minimum.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #8

Liked 1036 Times on 751 Posts
Likes Given: 537

The best way I have found so far is cabelas big game and dangerous game on xbox 360 . Yes i KNOW the 600nitro will affect my trophey quality , Its a ding buck , he is hard to chase , i dont want to wound him i want to kill him .

So the guys on Vs country have either paid big buck to do it legal or have paid big bucks for bribes and protection

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #9

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

In Alaska you can hunt moose, caribou and black bear on your own. Brown/griz, sheep and mt goat you must hire a registered guide or hunt with someone within 2nd degree of kindred. Brother, father, son, grandfather, grandson, I'm not sure about uncle/nephew. Pretty sure in-law doesn't get it.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:17 PM   #10

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
The best way I have found so far is cabelas big game and dangerous game on xbox 360 . Yes i KNOW the 600nitro will affect my trophey quality , Its a ding buck , he is hard to chase , i dont want to wound him i want to kill him .

So the guys on Vs country have either paid big buck to do it legal or have paid big bucks for bribes and protection
More like sponsorships and the like. I don't think those guys are just independently wealthy. It takes some money I'm sure, I'm scared to even look at prices for it.