back -up deer stand

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > back -up deer stand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Default back -up deer stand

Greetings all ....hope all your hunts are safe and productive .All pre-season prep is done .Put up my first ever back -up stand as an after thought ...I have 2 great ,producing spots already but put up a little ladder stand near a secluded creek crossing and a rub line that I found while scouting around ( 200yds) from my father/son 2 man set up .After years of deer hunting and trying to get into their brains/habits and haunts, it's cool to find a new spot ....just when you think you've figured em out . Today is oct 10 and they have aready started scraping ,here in east tx . Good luck to all

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2012, 06:44 PM   #2

Liked 87 Times on 67 Posts

i let nature provide my stands.................theres always one nearby and nobody's gonna steal it.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll63/sniper762/HUNTING/NICHOLSONSTANDS.jpg

Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #3

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Hell we go hiking on WMA alot and we like to go off trail sometimes fallow deer trails or random tracks and we find old deer stands all the time in might be months after deer season and we'll find them some cases broken or missing bolts just laying on the ground usually if their there after we come back in 2 or so months we just taken them so they don't just go to rust. On public land don't leave your stand there after the hunting season and when there up there during the season make sure you lock the damn thing in place some how.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-20-2012, 11:23 PM   #4

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
Hell we go hiking on WMA alot and we like to go off trail sometimes fallow deer trails or random tracks and we find old deer stands all the time in might be months after deer season and we'll find them some cases broken or missing bolts just laying on the ground usually if their there after we come back in 2 or so months we just taken them so they don't just go to rust. On public land don't leave your stand there after the hunting season and when there up there during the season make sure you lock the damn thing in place some how.
Leaving a stand up on public land pretty stupid. You know it's going to get stolen. I used to fish in local tournaments. Every tournament someone was hauling a stand home. The stand was still up in April...Hunting season in NC always ends on Jan 1. Deer season closing on Jan 1 has been going on for 30 years that I have hunted in NC. There is no telling how long the season has closed on Jan 1.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/