Ar hunting success tread - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Ar hunting success tread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR Hunting Success Thread

Please post pics and details of game taken with your ARs

Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #22

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I forgot my camera the day I took my ar hunting. But I smoked 3 ground hogs with it.

Oh and for the bunny hugger I tossed them back in the hole. Then we wait for the yotes to come around.

Whack'em and stack'em

Old 11-12-2010, 03:27 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billdogge View Post
Wow!!!I just was hoping to see that the AR platform was becoming more popular as a hunting rifle, Not all this.

Will move to the hunting forum
The AR in .223/5.56 is not legal in all states as a hunting round for large game. Also, many states have round capacity restrictions so unless one lives in a state where the round is legal, or they are using an AR in say .308 and have a 5 round mag, then the AR is not going to be commonly used country wide as a hunting rifle. I do know a couple of guys who use a Remmy R-15 where legal.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-12-2010, 03:33 AM   #24

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartoffelSalat View Post
i dont dislike hunting....just pissed off lately because ive seen lots of yahoo's disrespecting the animals....i recently saw a "hunt" where some jackass shot a domestic pig 6 times with a desert eagle while it was chained to the ground and about threw up
So one video of some asshat shooting a domestic pig in that manner makes you think all hunters are the same. I don't know anyone who hunts domestic pigs. Perhaps you should refrain from lumping those kinds of people in with hunters as a whole in the future. You have never been hunting have you? Maybe hunting 2 legged deer at the grocery store is better suited for you.

I can't stand when someone spouts off about something they know nothing about because they have some preconceived notion from some interwebz video.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-12-2010, 04:01 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Wow ..I didn't thin I'd see an anti hunter in a gun forum. I can understand the not liking the people that just drop a deer and leave it lay but people that eat the meat are doing more than just putting grub on the table. You don't think out the heard and you will see some pretty funky and starving animals. That's a simple truth. No one has to like it and PETA can just settle down. Also varmints are just that. And if left unchecked will also get way too high in numbers. Even the libs don't want to be overrun with animals and have been known to bring in hunters to get animals out of suburban areas.

Hunters provide a service not only to themselves but to the areas they harvest game in. And you will not see anyone that is more respectful of the land and the living things in it more than a hunter. They want to be able to hunt for a long time to come. They want to bring their kids. You don't do that just blowing off heads for the hell of it. Sure you will run into some asshat that thinks it's cool to shoot something because they don't get enough rush from paper targets and are too lazy to clean their kill. But an asshat by their nature do asshat things. We can't look at an asshat and make them the mesuring rod for the rest. That would make us asshats.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 PM   #26

I am sorry but animals are here for us to eat. Go hang out at a slaughter house for a week then go hunting for a week and then decide which is more humane.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:07 PM   #27

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I love my AR so much I have thought about adding a 257 WSSM upper to my safe. That way two pins and I am hunting deer or yotes and ground hogs. Might even take the 25 after ground hogs. Not everyone like to hunt and that is cool with me. The more people shooting is what I am looking for.

Coming on here and bad mouthing hunting is well douche baggy. I don't like douche bags so I guess Mr. Bunny Hugger you should be kicked off the board and have your guns taken away.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #28

I dont eat slaughtered animals either....but im only vegan for health reasons, its really just trophy hunting i dont understand, what is the point in pretending its difficult to kill an animal with a firearm so you can put it on your wall

The Resident Vegan Hippie who loves guns

Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #29

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
I dont eat slaughtered animals either....but im only vegan for health reasons, its really just trophy hunting i dont understand, what is the point in pretending its difficult to kill an animal with a firearm so you can put it on your wall
this is where the FIB and I start to disagree.

Trophy hunting is hunting for horns, or hunting a lion.

Every piece of meat that I blast in the international church of the outdoors WILL be consumed and become fuel for my raucous bedroom action with the Mrs. Except for Prairie dogs, I shoot them because I like to see a pink cloud of what used to be an animal before I caused it to explode. Immature, YES.
'But WTF else are you gonna do on a sunday morning at 10:30? Go sit in some building and listen to a 400 lb preacher talk to me about how its all gonna be ok(as he drives his German luxury car home)?

IF WE WERENT MEANT TO EAT ANIMALS, THEY WOULDNT BE MADE OF MEAT.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-16-2010, 02:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Most anti hunters such as your self have no idea what hunting is about let alone how difficult it is. "Trophy" hunters are taking "trophy" animals, meaning old animals that have lived longer thus have larger antlers etc. This is called game management. It allows the younger animals a chance to grow old.