Anybody done some coyote hunting latley???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Hunting Forum > Anybody done some coyote hunting latley???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anybody done some coyote hunting latley???

I am itching to do some coyote hunting. I just moved from the Whit Mountains in Arizona down to Phoenix ad have been wanting to try some desert hunting for a change. I know coyote hunting isn't as glorifying and elk and other game but man i always have fun doing it even if i don't get one. So i just figured i would ask to see if anyone has been out lately and bagged one or not, I would love to hear some stories.Thanks fellas.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Not in Arizona, but in Iowa we have just finished our winter season (there isn't a season, but we hunt them differently according to season). Our group killed 70-some within a 10 square mile area. I've seen some hunting shows where they sit in the desert and call coyotes and it looks like a blast, I haven't had much success calling them here in Iowa.

Just curious, what do you use to shoot them with?

Luke 22:36 - He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boggy5 View Post
Not in Arizona, but in Iowa we have just finished our winter season (there isn't a season, but we hunt them differently according to season). Our group killed 70-some within a 10 square mile area. I've seen some hunting shows where they sit in the desert and call coyotes and it looks like a blast, I haven't had much success calling them here in Iowa.

Just curious, what do you use to shoot them with?
I use am Ar 15 in .223 with some soft points a friend of mine loaded for me. 70 coyotes man that awesome. I have only ever been able to get 3 to come in when i was hunting in the mountains. Maybe i will see more when i get a chance to go down here in the desert.

A person who owns a firearm is a free man,A person who dosen't is a slave to there Country.Think about it.